Daniel Weinman won the 2023 Main Event!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Weinman won the main event yesterday when Steven Jones lost a bluff. He is now over $12 million richer! I have a small connection to both players. Daniel is from Georgia and my grandson has met Steven a few times and has mutual friends with him.

Daniel Weinman is the 2023 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion

Congratulations to Daniel!
weinman-winner-1200x801.jpeg

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The HU must have been a wonderful experience for them, maximum respect, to make it to the end in such a large field!

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Amazing! I wasn't able to watch the final table, but I was following the results.
I cannot imagine how would it feels to play a head's up for $6 million.

D

dmnchmp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Eh, I wanted Walton to win, I liked his LAG style. All-in with 88 was cool, unlucky he got hit by AA. Anyway, congrats to Weinman, he deserved this win!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Eh, I wanted Walton to win, I liked his LAG style. All-in with 88 was cool, unlucky he got hit by AA. Anyway, congrats to Weinman, he deserved this win!
When I saw the hand play out, I was pretty shocked. 200BB+ pot with 88. I understand that is his style but dam a 400 million chip pot is wild at that point of the tournament. Thats a bit risky and he paid for it.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Let's wait for more details, because three american players, dollar prize, all with mutual friends and without any agreement made externally, that should be strange.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Let's wait for more details, because three american players, dollar prize, all with mutual friends and without any agreement made externally, that should be strange.
The article written by CardsChat contributor, Bob Pajich, is now in the first post of this thread. :)

A very good read!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I bet for the rest of his life that when he sees a jack or even meets someone named Jack, he'll have a smile on his face ;)

He'll never fold JJ again and why not, he can afford to call now(y)

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats watched on utube was a good heads up he just show showed that you need a little luck to win a big tourney.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Daniel Weinman won the main event yesterday when Steven Jones lost a bluff. He is now over $12 million richer! I have a small connection to both players. Daniel is from Georgia and my grandson has met Steven a few times and has mutual friends with him.

I always say that at some point in the contest, the winner must have a very lucky hand.
Since I saw him among the 18 finalists, a simple boy, so smiling, I really began to like him.
But really, when he went all-in with that hand JJ my heart stopped, seeing the other two opponents with KK and QQ. And when I saw that turn with the J, there I said to myself "this boy will be the champion".
And thank God he was.
Congratulations to Daniel, and hopefully one day we can have him on the forum podcasts, especially to ask him about that big hand.
Since you have a certain relationship with them Debi, it would be interesting to have him ask him what he felt at that moment.
The look on his face when the J appeared said it all.
Kisses friend:):):)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea it takes multiple lucky hands to go deep in any tournament. Happy for Daniel!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Congratulations to him on this great win . Prestigious win this wsop main event , and $12M richer . Life-changing money . The dream of every poker player . Well done .

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Quite simply this guy won one of the toughest tournaments of all time. Dude became a myth!:eek:🏆🥇

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That three hand he won was crucial for leverage! He was starry!

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips

Weinmam deserves the win. He was all in and in danger in some pots and made it to the FT.

Btw, was this year's ME the biggest ever field and biggest prize pot for the champ or was it still Jamie Gold's era?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weinmam deserves the win. He was all in and in danger in some pots and made it to the FT.

Btw, was this year's ME the biggest ever field and biggest prize pot for the champ or was it still Jamie Gold's era?

It was the biggest ever.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weinman deserved the victory.The day before that set of jacks was very helpful.though.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Patience and picking the right spots made him a millionaire.
Congrats man!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Weinman did a great job. I felt like he was going to win the world series of poker Main Event when he got to the final table. Experience was on his side. And just a couple of good hands at the right time.:coffee:

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I bet he will remember this day for the rest of his life. This is all poker players dream. Congratulations to him and his family.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
His smile indicates how happy he is, it is a feeling full of happiness, congratulations to him, this is the dream of all of us.