China Banning Poker

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a surprise news. but I believe from hong kong players still be able to register and play.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can not believe countrys have the right ot ban online poker what is the point of having a screening process and saying yes im over 18 and capable of making my own rational decisions if you are just going to take them away we are not children in a lolly shop who are out of control, if online poker is banned why not ban all forms of gambling in aus?
to these silly communists you ARE children in a lolly shop!!!they even want to control how you think etc

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am really not surprised by this either. There are also some esports in which the government doesn't let them participate in, or if they do they may make their own tournament rules and such.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
China bans poker

What was their reasoning behind the ban? It has to be money related but I just want to hear their reasoning behind it. I saw that there's no more "play money" in China and people cannot post about poker on social media.

I found an interesting article on China and tobacco use.

http://www.wpro.who.int/china/mediacentre/factsheets/tobacco/en/

This article was made in 2018. About 1 in every 3 cigarettes are smoked in China. In 2010, 52.9% of men smoked while 2.4% of women smoked. That gap is substantial. As of 2016, the USA had 18.6% of men 14.3% of women smoke.

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am happy that i do not live in China, yet I feel bad for those who do. Hopefully I will never experience the same thing where I live in norway, but you never know, I wouldnt be surprised if they banned it here aswell...

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They ban everything that is fun. hehehe

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
China can be really strict on certain things.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
to these silly communists you ARE children in a lolly shop!!!they even want to control how you think etc

Yah... can you even imagine it... a country that doesn't want you to play online poker. What sense of 'freedom' is that? :confused:

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That' what the government does...after they tax you, then they tell what you can do with the money left over. Not surprised.

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my opinion its a waste of investment … China is soo big and strong country !