ACR Poker bans cheaters from the site

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Recently, ACR Poker (formerly known as America's Cardroom) has made several security changes to its platform in light of a group of cheaters having stolen $184,000.00 from unsuspecting players.

ACR Poker has banned the use of virtual machines and real-time screen share tools (such as Teamviewer) which had been used to cheat and steal money from players in the most recent case. These changes will make sure users are operating from their native hard drive which bans the use of tools that allow players to gain remote access from another computer.

The cheaters have been found and have been banned permanently. All money has been returned to the innocent players.

ACR Poker Bans Accounts of Cheaters who Stole $184K, Makes Security Changes

Screenshot-2023-08-06-at-1.44.41-PM-800x562.png

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This security issue has to be taken much more seriously. Mess with credibility.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it's right to return these thieves of money, they did the right thing that they were blocked now they will not be able to steal and will not be able to play. I hope it's only on ACR there are such people and they will not steal money in any other poker room because they will still return the money and bad thieves will block ACR's cool work

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good work, but the fact that it was possible leads to the question what else and where else it is possible to cheat.
Sadly it is always going to be a possibility, and when one way is found out and stopped the crooks just find a new one. It is the story of gambling.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good that they banned those players, but when I see this type of news I get worried that poker rooms still have many security flaws.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Impressive how there are people who spend the day scheming against others! It's good that in the end everything was resolved and the players recovered their investments. We have to be attentive, the internet is undoubtedly one of the most impressive discoveries, but it ends up allowing this type of crime.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's good to see them doing anything to be honest. For years these things were just kind of ignored and swept under the rug. People will use this to attack ACR, since it proves cheating happens on their site. I applaud them for attempting to stop the cheaters and being public about it. I think this is a great look for ACR. Sadly, I'm afraid online poker will always be populated with cheaters. I've been called crazy and parnoid for years for my takes. Here's the logic-It's so easy to cheat and collude. Many people aren't good, ethical people. Cheating easy...people bad.....cheating is going to happen. I'm old school and I even view using a HUD as cheating. Just imagine all the RTA and real time solver usage going on. Anyway, this is great news and ACR deserves lofty praise for all the steps they take to protect the integrity of the game. I hope they continue to improve their security and find new ways to stop the cheating.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s great to hear. Glad they are being proactive against cheating.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good job ACR , I did not think that on the site with American players it would be possible to cheat in this way , but what good news to know that the fraud and the fraudsters have been discovered

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good news, ACR is great! I also play in this room, but so far there is almost no money in my account at micro limits, but it's nice to know that the security service is on the alert.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Always good to see bad actors get their just desserts!

It's my hope/opinion that when it comes to security, identifying cheats and protecting the integrity of the game, all the poker rooms should share notes and collaborate.

It's in poker's and all legitmate player's interests to do so.