Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
i think that who sells his wsop bracelet....is really poor....lost all his poker money he won...or spend it....how can u sell a trophy like that.

He/ She could be forced by debt collectors, everything is possible :(

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes 100% I've never kept any trophies from sports in 45yrs, for me memories are more important. I also think it's good to get them moved on so you can focus on the future over thinking you've made it.

Not something I'd wear also so get it on the bay and gone. unless it's going to be worth more in 25yrs which I doubt it will be.

As the article says he's ot very famous thus not worth a lot.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sport/gambling attracts a wide and motivated customer, some want the glory and the money, some the cash and some just history.
History remembers winners and some trophies record that too...is that bracelet engraved with winners name?
I have heard some winners say - they cant take it away from me - the win and the trophy remains collecting dust in a cabinet or other - personally, i would take a trophy to the grave with me, no matter how much i needed the cash but i have sympathy to a degree to those who sell...

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, no matter how I think of this it is sad.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a great way to determine the taxable value of the bracelet.

If one doesn't wear jewelry like that, then what good is it just sitting on your mantle?

I know some champs that wear their bracelets occasionally in the poker room. It's fun and well-earned. And I know that the wearer is an experienced player that knows the path to going all the way in a big tournie (usually).

Forget about analyzing the motivation for selling.....who is buying this thing for $3k, which may or may not sound like a fair price. But obviously a price that the market will bear.

Good luck !

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I were ever that lucky to win a bracelet I would never ever sell it. The prestige of winning the bracelet and having one out weighs the money I would ever receive for it. Just mt 2 cents on this anyway.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would not sell and certainly would not buy, the trophy without having experienced the conquest is meaningless.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you need the money, I don't see what's wrong with selling it. You earned the bracelet so you can do whatever you want with it.

It's a win/win for both parties. The seller gets some extra cash, and the poker collector gets a nice bracelet to add to his/her collection of items!

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This seems a pretty weird thing to buy, atleast to me.
I would never sell nor buy such thing.

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be hard to part with the Main Event bracelet, although for the right price it would have to go as well.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That so sad, I would never sell it

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely or you should not import the trophy, or is in a very delicate economic situation, that is not sold.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never just win a bracelet, you win a large sum of money and the bracelet. I think anyone who sells a WSOP bracelet has either blown all their earnings on gambling or other wasteful spending, or they are just greedy and want an extra couple thousand dollars for something that is usually worth way more in sentimental value to those who are ever lucky enough to have one.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally wouldn't sell it but if my family needed the money than that dinky bracelts gonna become food on the table and I'll enjoy it that way just fine too

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had the good fortune of having won a WSOP bracelet (and a good chunk of cash), would you ever sell it? How important is a trophy to you?

2017 WSOP Marathon Bracelet Sells on eBay for $3K

The bracelet would be invaluable to me. I'd wear it proudly knowing that I beat a tough field of poker players to get it. I have two issues though.

#1 I don't understand why the guy sold his bracelet
#2 I don't understand why anybody would want to buy someone else's trophy.

TheHulk7

TheHulk7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That trophy is a confirmation of very hard work, learning, a lot of nights without sleep. It's much more than just one tournament. We all know it's not easy to win any tournament, especially not when we play with the best players. I would never sell it.
#2 I don't understand why anybody would want to buy someone else's trophy.

Yeah, there are very weird people.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, they must have really needed the money that a sale could raise. That is a real shame. So much work and effort went into getting it.

toteucelbun

toteucelbun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love is the only jewelry someone need to wear... WSOP bracelet: SOLD!

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you sell a WSOP bracelet. That's just an amazing trophy, regardless of the event played to win it. It shows dedication, hard work and respect for the game. I would NEVER sell it!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never saved my trophy's either,,,the accomplishment and memory are whats important,the trophy is just to show-off.:cool:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think I have saved every ribbon, trophy, photograph of any sporting event my kids (and myself) have ever participated in. Usually, as the kids got older there is money attached to some of the events, so it's not just the money that makes us feel some level of success. It's a sense of achievement for us when we see that item.

If I had won the bracelet, yeah, I would keep it. But, I totally understand why trophies are not as important or have any sentiment for others. To each their own!

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just knowing its a win would be good enough for me.
having a trophy would be ok but not needed

WSOP