A former pro basketball player takes down the WSOP Europe Main Event

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Max Neugebauer, 26 of austria, is the 2023 world series of poker European Champion! Max outlasted 711 players in wsop Europe's largest Main Event for a first prize of €1,500,000. This is the third year in a row that the WSOPE has seen an increase in the Main Event field.

Well done, Max!

World Series of Poker Europe Main Event’s Record Breaking Field Topped by Former Professional Basketball Player

wsopE-2023-winners-photo-1200x800.jpeg

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Congrats to Max (y) you know what they say "If you can't jump take a seat and win a big hand" who ever they are:rolleyes:.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes players are lucky with the cards in the decisive hand. But Max Neugebauer won through thinking. He says very interesting things in the article.
Neugebauer won the tournament by making a hero all-in call with third pair, even though an ace fell on the turn.
“I just thought, he wouldn’t c-bet from how he played before. He wouldn’t c-bet his range. I think he would’ve checked a lot of ace-x. So I discounted a lot of ace-x. I thought it was very, very easy to overbluff this spot because he has all the bluffs. He doesn’t have all the ace-x. Also, it seems like a very good card for him to bluff, and with those wide ranges I felt like it’s just a very decent call because he was playing somewhat aggressive. I felt like he wanted to push it and overtake the chip lead. With those wide ranges in that spot I felt like it was a good call, and I called.”

xico_moita

xico_moita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Congratulations Max for the beautiful game and for taking the European Main Event title

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a nice and brave call by Max.It seems he had studied very well his opponent .Congratulations on winning that bracelet!

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's great to see athletes from other sports playing poker, our sport is growing more and more

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Congratulations to Max, and Austria, on your magnificent victory; certainly one to keep an eye on in future events!

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well thought out read in that big hand . good job !

V

vriza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Congratulations and good luck in future tourneys

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler