2015 WSOP Schedule!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm curious as to the tournament structure of the $565, I'm betting it's nowhere as good as the Main Event, but without seeing it, I have no basis of comparison so it's just pure conjecture on my part.

If I was able to make it down, the event I'd aim for is the Limit O8 $1k or $1500, whatever the low buy-in is, and then try and satellite into the Main Event. Well, at least that's my bucket list.

"A kid with a dream" - Norman Chad

Halltxholdem

Halltxholdem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I go every year for wsop Ladies week so should be able to play in little one drop too. Will probably have to make two trips to cover my event selection. So happy they listened to us & increased starting stack to 5k! My Christmas gift from Bro was 4 round trip tickets to Vegas, booking early this year. It's like Christmas in June for me! ;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go every year for WSOP Ladies week so should be able to play in little one drop too. Will probably have to make two trips to cover my event selection. So happy they listened to us & increased starting stack to 5k! My Christmas gift from Bro was 4 round trip tickets to Vegas, booking early this year. It's like Christmas in June for me! ;)

Yea - I am pretty stoked about the 5k chips too!

M

millertime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm going to seriously look into this colossus event. low buy in and @ a good time for me. havent played in wsop since 06

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm going to seriously look into this colossus event. low buy in and @ a good time for me. havent played in wsop since 06

Why the long hiatus?

I've gone for the last 3 years and unfortunately things aren't looking the best for a return for 4.

I will hope I can bink something big before April, then ill plan it.

I wish I was old enough to go during the 04-09 run. I think that was the best time to be @ the WSOP.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At this point I can't really see it being anything other than the Little Drop - I would have to fly out there twice for the Colossus or the Monster Stack.

I think you are right - the Colossus will get a HUGE field - but I don't think many pros will be breaking down the door to play in it.

What about the millionaire maker?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about the millionaire maker?

The timing of that is no better - it is on June 5th - still way too early imo and also would mean 2 trips to Vegas for me which is not in the plan.

At this point I don't see how we can do anything other than the Little One for One Drop which is much better than it was last year as far as the structure goes. The main reason I wanted to look for something else was the 4k starting chips - 10k this year is a game changer.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to play with team card chat one day! but im only 18 so I have wait 3 more years:(

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the problem is not the time, the problem is to pay the entrance $$ lol

Congratulations to those who play this event.

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the problem is not the time, the problem is to pay the entrance $$ lol

Congratulations to those who play this event.

great game of poker and you will have enough money for the entrance:jd4: :D

P

pokernut92poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice schedule... Maybe this is my year to get down there to play... working on it for early june!! Good luck all!!

timfbmx

timfbmx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hope I can go back to the wsop this yr. I went like 3 yrs ago and it was awsome. The sound of 1 million chips clacking together at once is pretty sureal. I remember sitting a couple tables away from Scotty Ngyen thinking holy crap it's Scotty right there! :D

B

Bazslazs93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope will have enough money for the main event ! :D See you there guys !

F

fodje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to everyone who will be there! I wish I could visit WSOP at least once as a player or even a spectator.

DonSifu

DonSifu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so what's the over/under on attendance, or rather total entries for the Colossus event? I'm thinking like 9,234. ish. lol

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would love to participate, but, limited income holds me back.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so what's the over/under on attendance, or rather total entries for the Colossus event? I'm thinking like 9,234. ish. lol

I think itll be over 10k

I wanna say something like 12k

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this link I think I will be entering that colossus event I can't wait! Joining this forum has really turned out to be a wise decision. The community is knowledgeable and very helpful. Thanks everyone and hope to see some of you there!

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read that they are guaranteeing a million dollars to each of the november 9... I like that idea. Plus they are paying out more spots which will help attract the everyday player... I wish I could be going... If I get the money I might play in a smaller event to try to buy into the main event...

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Colossus is going to be absolutely huge, I'm thinking they'll easily go over the 9,000 or so people that they'll need to cover the guarantee. Got to love how the WSOP can make you a millionaire for the small price of $565.

StivDice

StivDice

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J would like to go some day to Vegas....gambling Meka.....but need to much money...for me...who is living in Serbia...for 2 month include Wsop..j need 30 000 dolars...minimum.....

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm... now we can be tempted by another event lol:

[FONT=Garamond, serif]New Events: This year, eleven exciting new events will debut. They are:[/FONT]

• May 29-30: Event #5 - $565 Colossus No-Limit Hold’em with a $5,000,000 guaranteed prize pool.
  • May 31: Event #6 - $1,000 Hyper No-Limit Hold’em with a fast, two-day structure.
  • June 20: Event #42 - $1,500 Extended Play No-Limit Hold’em featuring longer, 90-minute levels.
  • June 21: Event #43 - $1,000 Super Seniors No-Limit Hold’em. Must be age 65+ to enter.
  • June 26: Event #53 - $5,000 Turbo No-Limit Hold’em, two-day structure with a high buy-in.
  • June 27: Event #55 - $1,500 DraftKings 50/50 No-Limit Hold’em. Half the field to be paid.
  • June 29: Event #60 - $25,000 High Roller 8-handed Pot-Limit Omaha. 4-day event.
  • July 1: Event #62 - $1,500 Bounty No-Limit Hold’em. Every player is a bounty. Each is worth $500.
  • July 3: Event #65 - $777 Lucky 7’s No-Limit Hold’em, featuring a first-ever $777 price point.
  • July 3: Event #67 - $10,000 Dealers Choice, featuring 19 variants – the most ever played in a single WSOP event.
Event #65 looks interesting with a $777 buy-in.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[*]June 21: Event #43 - $1,000 Super Seniors No-Limit Hold’em. Must be age 65+ to enter.

Dammit! It's just like Social Security. Just when I get close enough to take it they raise the age limit! :mad:

LOL.

I don't know... it seems like they are resorting to "gimmicks" to pump up the interest. I guess if it puts butts in the seats, it's a good thing.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dammit! It's just like Social Security. Just when I get close enough to take it they raise the age limit! :mad:

LOL.

I don't know... it seems like they are resorting to "gimmicks" to pump up the interest. I guess if it puts butts in the seats, it's a good thing.

They still have the regular Senior's event on June 19th too.

WSOP