2005 WSOP Bracelet winner is charged in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
John Heneghan, of Florida, is a 2005 wsop bracelet winner and has also been charged with several crimes in the January 6, 2021 insurrection at the US Capitol building. Not to be outdone, Heneghan's girlfriend, Carol Kicinski, also from Florida, has been charged.

The FBI presented evidence to a Federal judge that the couple was part of the Pro-Trump crowd who entered the Capitol in order to stop the joint session of Congress from certifying the 2020 Presidential election.

WSOP Bracelet Winner Linked to Jan. 6 Riot with Live Poker Reporting Help

Last edited:
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not to make too fine a point Shel, but the FBI puts forth evidence, hopefully discovered & not manufactured & hopefully legally gained. Proof is determined by the courts. Just sayin.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not to make too fine a point Shel, but the FBI puts forth evidence, hopefully discovered & not manufactured & hopefully legally gained. Proof is determined by the courts. Just sayin.

Ah yes...I was quoting from the article. Good point, Ron. :)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's all well and good that that the FBI and Department of Justice are pursuing individuals to charge them over the crimes committed that day. Anyone who progressed from demonstrating to then physically assaulting the police, the buildings and then trespassing with The Capitol deserve to face the consequences.

What has irked many for some time is the lack of action against those who organized and funded the assault as the calls for violence had been made over months. People are asked to extend patience to Merrick Garland, the Attorney General as it is being implied he and his office are constructing a meticulous case. Yet serious figures within the legal community such as Laurence Tribe now openly question his resolve and lack of action.

I find it frustrating to see the FBI are combing through endless tape and photos to identify culprits who participated, yet those on the day giving speeches which directly called for violence and action in front of the world have yet to be charged. Likewise those who paid for the days events, funded and bussed in individuals who then proceeded to riot.

Everyone hesitates to say one set of laws appear applicable to one subset but not to the other...but that is increasing how it looks, though I would love to be proven wrong.

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think its the same j.hennigan

Winner Poker WSOP