Withdrawing/depositing bitcoin issues?

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
Has anyone had any problems trying to withdraw from a pokersite with bitcoin method?
I read in GGPoker ToS that you have withdraw same method you used for deposit.
So if you deposit with bitcoin you must prove to GGPoker where the funds come from.

Has anyone tried that? How does that work? it sounds like it can be difficult because the money could have been passed through so many different wallets. What if you send it from wallet 1 to wallet 2 then deposit from wallet 2 and then you say that your friend gifted you the money for the deposit? Lying could get you in trouble of course but you can get in trouble for being truthful too.

If you would try to be truthful, then would you have to show every single transaction/wallet the money has passed through since the first time you exchanged from fiat to crypto many years ago? That's thousands of wallets and transactions and smart contracts etc.. it would take weeks to try to journal all that and send to GGPoker, and maybe it's even impossible to do that.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made a withdrawal through bitcion, and never deposited there.
Then I tried to make another withdrawal but they wouldn't let me.
So I made a deposit for usdcoin, and I haven't tried to withdraw yet, because it is necessary to rake with that money.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never had issues depositing or withdrawing using BT. However, lately, the mining fees seem to be crazy. I was gonna try a new site and make a deposit but I saw that the fee was like 75% of the deposit amount! So I ended up not depositing. I dunno if anyone has encountered the same issue.

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
I have never had issues depositing or withdrawing using BT. However, lately, the mining fees seem to be crazy. I was gonna try a new site and make a deposit but I saw that the fee was like 75% of the deposit amount! So I ended up not depositing. I dunno if anyone has encountered the same issue.
Yeah gas is high now because of ordinals. I don't know if it will get better again. I think you have to make big transactions only on bitcoin for gas to be worth it. For small transactions its cheaper on lightning network or a different blockchain. But there are pros and cons to every blockchain and network, and most of these problems are because of our damn corrupt governments who keep fighting for totalitarian control. The world would be paradise if we didn't have governments.

But the info you give about no problems with btc deposits and withdrawals aren't helpful really because you don't give any info about them. Was it just a few dollars? I can imagine poker sites not caring about that so won't give you any problems over such small amount. And which wallet did you transfer the btc from when depositing and which wallet when withdrawing? Not asking for address but if it's straight from your coinbase wallet then it's problably fine. Or are you a defi user? Haven't used a custodial wallet in many years? your crypto has passed through thousands of addresses? Ever used a "mixer"?