PS Negative Balance - Advice?

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, hopefully it'll please you all to know that I've paid the negative balance.

Really, I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and I wanted to know what happened to them if they decided no to redeposit, mostly out of curiosity. Doesn't look like anybody here has experience in this, though.

I wonder if the reason for this processing error was a result of their struggle with the laws in America, or just a sleepy employee who didn't charge me, haha.

My understanding it is a struggle with the processors in the US, many of whom keep getting busted by the US Govt authorities. I have read now of many examples where peoples bank accounts were not debited properly.

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you did the right thing by paying them. Just to add whatever type of controls they have in place obviously are flawed... so it's hard to feel bad for pokerstars if they do lose money. But it's better to avoid them sending your info to a collection agency. I'm not sure if they just say it to scare you or if 150 is the type if balance they would bother going after, but I'm thinking there might be a chance it can hit your credit score, which wouldn't be worth messing with.

And as others have said, using the excuse that it's big business and saying they can afford to lose 150 here an there is a bit flawed. Most likely if this happens enough, the cost will get transferred to the consumer either in the for
of fees or making it harder to deposit.

So in the end... Good choice! I applaud you :)

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you lost your wallet on the street with $150 in it, would you want someone to keep it all or get it all back to you? "Do unto others..."

Excepty pokerstars is a huge corporation that makes money off, what is for many, an addiction.

I'm not sure it's the same thing as finding a wallet on the street.

Imo OP, don't play on stars any more. They won't just remove $150 from you bank account, not sure they could even do that.

Worst case scenario, they manage to get the money back and you can go play there again.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is almost the same as bouncing a check when you pay for merchandise from a store, they let you leave with the merchandise, if you bounce you still have to pay it back, and can even go to jail if you don't depending on the price.

J

jbrav55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ran into this problem myself.

We have been informed that the following deposit could not be processed:

Reference Number : 500157894
Amount: USD 50.00
Date: 2011/01/23
Reason: Transaction Not Processed

These funds were credited to your PokerStars account when you made your deposit request however due to a processing problem the transaction was never sent to your bank. As we didn't receive funds for this deposit, the amount of your unprocessed deposit has been deducted from your PokerStars account balance.

They openly admit they forgot to send it to my bank! Notice how there is no mention of just sending it to my bank after they discovered the. Just "Oh, we screwed up so now we're freezing your account." They go on to say they are sorry for the inconvenience but go ahead and make other payment arrangements to us.

Here's the problem, I simply went to do another echeck and it says my state doesn't allow echecks anymore. Being a multimillion dollar corporation you would think they would be aware of when a state is declining what is probably the most common payment method. Ok fine, I says to myself, I'll just put it on my visa. Shocker, that doesn't work. The only option left is for Western Union or a money order. Well I had made 3 small deposits in the couple of days following this one for amounts ranging from $20-$50. Am I going to run into this issue with all of them in the coming days?

Here's the biggest gripe I have, money orders and Western Union aren't free! They cost money plus my free time which I value. I simply refuse to do it because the agreement was made to make a payment using a certain method. I never agreed to this, they are draining addition money and time from me so in a sense PokerStars is stealing from me. I have the money so it's not about that, if they want to fix whatever issues they have and accept payment with the agreed upon method then that is fine with me. Until then they won't see a dime from me. There you have it Clubsta, there is someone who ran into this and refuses to pay. That person is me.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah...it is happening alot. I guess you spent the money and you feel fine stealing it from them. Nothing more than a common thief. You must be proud to be a low-life since you made an account just to post this.

Of course, this same guy would be first in line to post and cry if PokerStars made his deposit wait until it cleared the bank. They gave you a courtesy by giving you an immediate deposit, and you feel fine cheating them.

PS tries to keep poker alive in the US by attemping ways to keep money coming into the community, and guys like this POS do all they can to screw it up. They could have run out of the US like so many others, or cheated you like so many crap sites that have come and go after swindling players.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Reference Number : 500157894
Amount: USD 50.00
Date: 2011/01/23
Reason: Transaction Not Processed

These funds were credited to your PokerStars account when you made your deposit request however due to a processing problem the transaction was never sent to your bank. As we didn't receive funds for this deposit, the amount of your unprocessed deposit has been deducted from your PokerStars account balance.

They openly admit they forgot to send it to my bank! Notice how there is no mention of just sending it to my bank after they discovered the. Just "Oh, we screwed up so now we're freezing your account." They go on to say they are sorry for the inconvenience but go ahead and make other payment arrangements to us.

Here's the problem, I simply went to do another echeck and it says my state doesn't allow echecks anymore. Being a multimillion dollar corporation you would think they would be aware of when a state is declining what is probably the most common payment method. Ok fine, I says to myself, I'll just put it on my Visa. Shocker, that doesn't work. The only option left is for Western Union or a money order. Well I had made 3 small deposits in the couple of days following this one for amounts ranging from $20-$50. Am I going to run into this issue with all of them in the coming days?

Here's the biggest gripe I have, money orders and Western Union aren't free! They cost money plus my free time which I value. I simply refuse to do it because the agreement was made to make a payment using a certain method. I never agreed to this, they are draining addition money and time from me so in a sense PokerStars is stealing from me. I have the money so it's not about that, if they want to fix whatever issues they have and accept payment with the agreed upon method then that is fine with me. Until then they won't see a dime from me. There you have it Clubsta, there is someone who ran into this and refuses to pay. That person is me.

They should be able to compensate you for your fees using the above methods. Full tilt does it all the time, and Pokerstars support is notoriously better than FT.

J

jbrav55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah...it is happening alot. I guess you spent the money and you feel fine stealing it from them. Nothing more than a common thief. You must be proud to be a low-life since you made an account just to post this.

Of course, this same guy would be first in line to post and cry if PokerStars made his deposit wait until it cleared the bank. They gave you a courtesy by giving you an immediate deposit, and you feel fine cheating them.

PS tries to keep poker alive in the US by attemping ways to keep money coming into the community, and guys like this POS do all they can to screw it up. They could have run out of the US like so many others, or cheated you like so many crap sites that have come and go after swindling players.

Well aren't we quick to judge. I am hardly a thief sir, maybe you skimmed over the part where I mentioned I am more than glad to pay them the money, it's the additional fees and time they now require that I have a problem with. How would you feel if you made a purchase at a store and then they sent you a notice afterward saying oh by the way by making a purchase with us you have to spend an additional amount of money and time that you never agreed upon?

I have emailed them to discuss options and resolve this issue. They simply have to credit me the fees or throw a few tournament tickets my way or something, I'm easy to work with. However I will not ask for it, I want to see what kind of customer service they have. As of yet I have not received a response.

Also you made an assumption that I created an account here just to post about this. That is incorrect, sir. I found this site by searching for this topic and wouldn't you know it someone asked for input from someone who has run into this situation. That would be me. This seemed like an interesting site so I created an account to be an active member and provide feedback that is relative to the topic. If I am misunderstanding the concept then I apologize.

Lastly I am many things but a POS I am not. An asshole for sure, but not a POS.