How I kept my $$$ safe.

Kerope

Kerope

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is what I have done for a very long time keeping my money where I had instant access to it, and if something like this payment processor fiasco happens, it's not horribly bad.

I'm just using nice rounded numbers for example. Adjust as necessary.

I opened a savings account, that I put say $100 in every pay day. This is my poker bankroll, locally kept.

On the poker room, let's say I usually play $100 buy in cash games, and will multi table as much as 4, so I never have really more than 400 in play. I only keep 400 in the poker room.

If it drops to 300, make a 100 deposit to bring it back. If it goes over 500, make a 100 withdrawal and put it in that savings acct.

I usually only play at one room, so even if the worse happens, and I can never get my money out, I would have the bulk of it in the savings account, and just make transfers as necessary.

I've done this for a while, but thought I'd share since this crazy stuff is going on with getting $$$ out of some of the poker rooms.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any ideas and suggestions about keeping internet cash safe are always good. Problem is not so much once it's online, it's the problems the poker sites encountered when their payment processors accounts were frozen.

This doesn't involve deposits or funds in your poker site account. It's the WINNINGS being withdrawn and the method used to withdraw.

Safe Poker Sites