Debit Cards to Deposit

T

thielcats

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might seem like a dumb question but do Debit Cards still work on poker sites?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not for US players they don't. If you find one that does (or someone claims theirs does), then it's either a lie, a fluke and/or is in the 0.0000000001% that hasn't been blocked yet. But for the US masses, no, personal debit cards do not work.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used mine at bodog in Feb.The bank statement don't say "poker site".It reads "e consultant"or something like that.I'm sure it'll work still,if not the worst that will happen is they refuse it.Give it a shot.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used mine at Bodog in Feb.The bank statement don't say "poker site".It reads "e consultant"or something like that.
Ahh yes, thanks for that, forgot about it in my list. I'll update that now.

Not for US players they don't. If you find one that does (or someone claims theirs does), then it's either a lie, a fluke, a fraudulent merchant ID/classification, and/or is in the 0.0000000001% that hasn't been blocked yet. But for the US masses, no, personal debit cards do not work.

T

thielcats

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So E-checks and Moneygram are basically the only ways a Amercian player can buy in?

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So E-checks and Moneygram are basically the only ways a Amercian player can buy in?

It's simple.Now let me get out my crayon and draw you a picture so you may understand.

1.Go to poker site you wish to deposit at.

2.Under methods of deposit select credit card.

3.Enter your number.

4.If it works,then it works.

5.If it don't then it don't.

Easy as 1,2,3,4,and 5.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are you sure its a debit card? not a credit card?

debit= typing in your personal identification number (PIN)

you don't have to use your pin number for all debit transactions and the poker sites don't ask for it . I use my debit card to deposit at bodog and pokerstars.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I am not sure if this is going to be much help as i'm an Aussie and dont have the dilema you US players have,
There are two types of debit cards,
One uses a PIN number which as far as I know can't be used on the Internet, as it does not have a card verification number.
And then there is a visa or mastercard debit card which is linked to the same account as your PIN Number card, but has the card verification number, which is required to make transactions on the Internet. This number is sometimes refered to as a ccv number (credit card verification Number)
The other thing you need to know is that Visa And Mastercard do not allow you to be paid (as in winnings from poker) into these cards.
I hope this has helped.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't have to use your pin number for all debit transactions and the poker sites don't ask for it . I use my debit card to deposit at bodog and pokerstars.

well nvm then, dont listen to me

i use the visa all access non reloadable $50 gift card for my deposits, so i dont run into the problem.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
are you sure its a debit card? not a credit card?

debit= typing in your personal identification number (PIN)

No site, even before the laws went into effect took my credit card. I use either all access visa or my bank debit card. Not that I actually deposit much money online anymore. Actually pokerstars just gave me back the online echeck option also.I used it for depositing to play the ccop.

R

Richie766

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah cards still work @ bodog. Go for it and they arent 2 bad after you confirm it using one of those lame forms.

Dogday

Dogday

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might seem like a dumb question but do Debit Cards still work on poker sites?

This is kinda interesting. I used my wachovia visa debit card under the visa option on Full Tilt. After it was declined an option popped up from full tilt saying although visa might not work "Debit" option may work and it gave me an option to run the SAME CARD as a debit card and Viooalah! Deposited on Full Tilt with my visa debit card. Showed up on my bank statement as www.resolvepay.com.

bustermoves

bustermoves

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my debit works fine at ft.shows on statement as online entertainment,or janus services

bustermoves

bustermoves

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh yeah,it also works at ultimate bet,and absolute

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Visa gift cards that sounds like a great way to do it. Thanks

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used my Visa debit card on FT last week. It was initially declined and the bank called me to report suspicious activity from fulltiltpoker.com. I told them I wanted it to go through (that it was me trying to use the card). They said if I tried it again it would work. I did and it did.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just tried my debit card to deposit at vegas for the ofc and it also worked. Guess most sites are back in business accepting them...much to my eternal woe.