Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me try again.

1. Coinbase
2. GDAX.

Just start with that. They are crypto exchanges. You will save on fees by using gdax.

How-to vids on YouTube.

And coinmarketcap.com.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless things have changed, deposit at Coinbase, transfer usd to GDAX (owned by coinbase), buy on GDAX to save on fees.

If you want to buy more of the altcoins, you can transfer bitcoin or ethereum to another exchange such as Bittrex or Binance (my fave), and trade for other coins.

Nothing wrong with just staying with GDAX offerings as your core holdings, then branch out into some other top tens maybe. It works a little like blue chips and small caps. When the market goes south, the small caps/altcoins get murdered.

Last thing, resist fomo, and try to dollar cost average. The bottom can be a lot further down than expected.

Let me try again.

1. Coinbase
2. GDAX.

Just start with that. They are crypto exchanges. You will save on fees by using gdax.

How-to vids on YouTube.

And coinmarketcap.com.

Great advice for starting to trade. It's not for everyone, and most will find it too complicated. This is the time to pick up a lot of gold. If you aren't willing to do the work, then not much else can be done.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So crptos are on the uptick again. Did everyone sell during the low, hodl, or bought more?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's good time to wait for buy signals, i had a good rally last week. in long terms, i'm starting to hold BAT it seems to be a good project.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So crptos are on the uptick again. Did everyone sell during the low, hodl, or bought more?

I wish I had bought more, but I just held on. ADA was down to .15 at one point, and is now around .37. TRX is up too. I haven’t followed crypto news lately and am wondering what’s causing the moves. Halfway wondering if positive news about N and S Korea has anything to do with it.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's good time to wait for buy signals, i had a good rally last week. in long terms, i'm starting to hold BAT it seems to be a good project.

I wish I had bought more, but I just held on. ADA was down to .15 at one point, and is now around .37. TRX is up too. I haven’t followed crypto news lately and am wondering what’s causing the moves. Halfway wondering if positive news about N and S Korea has anything to do with it.

Yeah, I was able to get into POWR at the price I wanted, but I wish I would have spread it around. Could have gotten into any decent coin and made money. I think a lot of the price recovery is crypto was oversold and a lot of small positives. I'm glad that it looks to be stabilizing though.

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Bitcoin to deposit on ACR and buy and sell BTC and ETH all the time, it is just a matter of a waiting game, buy low sell high is easy to say, but you have to have the stomach to watch as what you thought was a buy low, goes even lower, and then you need the patience to wait it out to get to your sell rate. Overall, I am doing ok with it, but it can be a roller coaster some times.
It's interesting to see how the criptocurrency became so popular and still lots of people find it strange. I believe it was the same with the actual money on credit card when it just came out.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It looks like there is strong resistance at $10K for BTC. Let's just break through.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems the correction is going to over. there are several altcoins that have broke bearish channels.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been pretty depressed about the slow rollout of DGX, and steady decline of DGD. But by trading in and out I have been able to hold a decent value. That said I still believe in the project, and I have about 80% invested in DGD hoping a big exchange or other big news makes it suddenly moon. I love to play to loose aggressive though, so it's definitely not for the average investor.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bad week for me , BTC has taking down all market i found some good signals ( i only won a bit with BAT) people is selling everything when Bitcoin moves down. Bitcoin is still in a bearish channel so i think i'm not going to operate at least to next week.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bad week for me , BTC has taking down all market i found some good signals ( i only won a bit with BAT) people is selling everything when Bitcoin moves down. Bitcoin is still in a bearish channel so i think i'm not going to operate at least to next week.

Yeah, the markets have changed. In the past, Alts would rise when BTC went down since it was percieved that money flowed from BTC to Alts and vice versa. Now I just don't know.

O

oleg_1967

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems the correction is going to over.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a0bdcc45e6a03f657e77f973d5d67df9.png

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see you’re still not quite on board with the whole crypto thing. :)

I think this thread needs to balancing views from time to time. Most of the people in this thread come here because they are crypto bulls, while crypto bears don't really see a need to visit, let alone post in this thread. I'm here to provide this much needed balance.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this thread needs to balancing views from time to time. Most of the people in this thread come here because they are crypto bulls, while crypto bears don't really see a need to visit, let alone post in this thread. I'm here to provide this much needed balance.

I’m a long term bull obv, but I agree on the balance now. The FOMO was real back in Dec, and no doubt many were scammed by Bitconnect et al.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

"FIGHT DISINFORMATION:

Disinformation is one of the biggest threats our democracy faces. Like our reporting on dark money, it is one of those stories behind all the other stories.
So we want to build a team dedicated to tracking and exposing the forces behind disinformation as a new reporting priority before this fall's midterms. But to do it, we need to raise $100,000 that we didn't plan on before June 30. I hope you'll read our plan and get involved—and join us with a tax-deductible donation today."

fkin lol :D did you donate to him?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"FIGHT DISINFORMATION:

Disinformation is one of the biggest threats our democracy faces. Like our reporting on dark money, it is one of those stories behind all the other stories.
So we want to build a team dedicated to tracking and exposing the forces behind disinformation as a new reporting priority before this fall's midterms. But to do it, we need to raise $100,000 that we didn't plan on before June 30. I hope you'll read our plan and get involved—and join us with a tax-deductible donation today."

fkin lol :D did you donate to him?

No I didn’t. But supporting MoJo would be a worthy cause. But it’s not my democracy at stake. I live in switzerland. Most democratic country in the world.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I didn’t. But supporting MoJo would be a worthy cause. But it’s not my democracy at stake. I live in switzerland. Most democratic country in the world.

do you know what is really democracy? do you vote for projects, decisions or just choose people to dominate you? honestly i don't know how switzerland works , so please tell me.
but actually i don't know any country that is really democratic, normally there is democracy just to give an opinion, to blame but not to decide.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you know what is really democracy? do you vote for projects, decisions or just choose people to dominate you? honestly i don't know how switzerland works , so please tell me.
but actually i don't know any country that is really democratic, normally there is democracy just to give an opinion, to blame but not to decide.

Switzerland has representative democracy, but also has referendums on specific topics every three months. Any decision made by parliament can be overruled in a referendum.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Balance makes this thread GTO :)

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well BTC back down and testing support levels.