from zero to hero, how?

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I don't want to deposit (financial reasons) but I want to make it in poker starting from the very first tiny step (freerolls), so I decided to qualify for the cardschat freeroll club..I need advice on how to make it from such a beginning.. any plan or outline would be very helpful. I play on Americascardroom and prefer cash games because where I live there are usual power breaks. I'm very eager to hear your advice and instructions:);)

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi, I don't want to deposit (financial reasons) but I want to make it in poker starting from the very first tiny step (freerolls), so I decided to qualify for the cardschat freeroll club..I need advice on how to make it from such a beginning.. any plan or outline would be very helpful. I play on Americascardroom and prefer cash games because where I live there are usual power breaks. I'm very eager to hear your advice and instructions:);)

Patience, patience and then more patience. Then go for the kill.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
The freerolls of our community are a very good option for building a bankroll from scratch. But in that case, I recommend you stop playing cash games. Better, try playing more SNG or MTT tournaments.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the first step is getting in the freeroll club. read everything and respond to anything interesting :) lots of questions in the learning section.
once you get in the club you will want to add a few more sites to your list so you can play as many freerolls as you are able to.
we have links at top of the page. never stop learning, the way other people play changes often. you can do it easily by putting in the time.

best of luck :)

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are at the right place then. CC has plenty of great freerolls and poker sites listed for you to choose from. You can easily make a couple bucks by playing freerolls then once you have a decent bankroll accumulated you can play the percentage game and slowly but surely you can make profit.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

there are a lot of techniques and poker advice but if I have to summarize in two words I would say to you: be patient, and focus on your opponents (their style of play, if he bluff often or not, if he is careful or not ...) and catch your prey when the opportunity arises otherwise do not play with real money, you can stay on the freerolls good luck

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, patience and then more patience. Then go for the kill.

well I'll do my best in the patience department )

Hello.
The freerolls of our community are a very good option for building a bankroll from scratch. But in that case, I recommend you stop playing cash games. Better, try playing more SNG or MTT tournaments.

Thank you!
but why do advice against cash games?
I'm not really good at mtts and most of my learning was through and about cash games
but they seem to be a grind
do you have any links for mtt default ranges or useful links? I'd appreciate it and thanks again

the first step is getting in the freeroll club. read everything and respond to anything interesting :) lots of questions in the learning section.
once you get in the club you will want to add a few more sites to your list so you can play as many freerolls as you are able to.
we have links at top of the page. never stop learning, the way other people play changes often. you can do it easily by putting in the time.

best of luck :)
Thanks a lot! surely heading to the freeroll club appliance! good day)

there are a lot of techniques and poker advice but if I have to summarize in two words I would say to you: be patient, and focus on your opponents (their style of play, if he bluff often or not, if he is careful or not ...) and catch your prey when the opportunity arises otherwise do not play with real money, you can stay on the freerolls good luck

got that, thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice your game on every freeroll you can, and work on your game away from the table(poker books, poker videos, icm calculator, review hands, post hands in forum, etc.) Then when your bankroll supports it move to buy-in games, then when your bankroll supports it move up in limits, lather, rinse, repeat.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome! I use the .55 and 1.10 On Demands on ACR. and freerolls to build a bankroll. It takes alot of discipline to stay there. I want to just to $3 and $5 too soon. But the OD and freerolls will get you there, with a little patience. Good luck on the felts!

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice your game on every freeroll you can, and work on your game away from the table(poker books, poker videos, icm calculator, review hands, post hands in forum, etc.) Then when your bankroll supports it move to buy-in games, then when your bankroll supports it move up in limits, lather, rinse, repeat.

I thank you deeply)

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome! I use the .55 and 1.10 On Demands on ACR. and freerolls to build a bankroll. It takes alot of discipline to stay there. I want to just to $3 and $5 too soon. But the OD and freerolls will get you there, with a little patience. Good luck on the felts!

best of luck on the journey))

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
I am sailing on the same boat, playing only freerolls to win some cash.
The good advice of not playing cash games is bcoz you tend to lose your bankroll in a jiffy.

I play freerolls win some money and than go play 0.01/0.02 cash game lose the money come back and try win on free roll again.

I am a crazy donk:five: