heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I dont know.. i like to think that im ok live player when it comes to table act or not giving info away or etc. But i think i would be very bad at that and more error prone anyway :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I would play. I remember that when I started to play years ago, there was a room (I don't remember the name) that used to offer tournaments that was required to use the webcam. I had never played them.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont want to show my ugly face to the world

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I would play. I remember that when I started to play years ago, there was a room (I don't remember the name) that used to offer tournaments that was required to use the webcam. I had never played them.
888 had tables with a webcam once upon a time

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not for me. I have yet to play an in person game and fear my face will give me away! I’m a terrible bluffer never mind when someone could see my face! Haha

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would have to show my ugly face. hahahaha. Would be funny.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
So you would be happy transmitting your body language?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I actually played on a site years ago that had that option. Most players never used the camera but a few did. I did not use mine by the way.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Greetings!
If there was a poker format where you could only play with a video camera, would that be interesting?

I would play)
In my opinion, a webcam is needed for poker in the same way as, for example, a disk drive or a printer :)

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
An interesting idea. The emotions of the players add to the fun of the game. It has also eliminated situations where multiple players play on the same computer, and helps less experienced players.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
888 Poker used to have a 6 person SnG where you had to have a cam. It was fun with lots of chatting but occassionally some fellas had their GF showing off a bit, so I think this may have contributed to ending this format...

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
not at all
i prefer playing without

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
888 poker had this format of games and maybe still does exist, I haven't been there for a long time. Personally, I don't care, but I'd rather play offline.

Yes 888Poker had this feature on some of their tables.

I think it could be a great idea for all poker sites to adopt this feature. Maybe it could help to control cheating ie. multi-accounting, BOTS, pros taking over for people they stake once it gets deep in a tournament, etc. (although I'm sure people would figure out a way to get around that too).
Could also add another element to the game as well, bringing it closer to a live game experience.

I can see many pitfalls though... does it exclude those who don't have webcam? What about players choosing to obstruct their face?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was already this on the 888 I played once. But I think bizarre things happened:ROFLMAO:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No. What do you do if someone's cam 'breaks' during the session ? Interesting idea, but all sorts of potential issues. Rather just play live session.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I wouldn't want people to look at my face

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think this helps a lot for players who tend to read opponents' emotes to improve their game against them. It would be a good idea

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Yes, why not...I think it would be funny, I would probably relax too much - I usually eat something, sing... :D

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I would only use it while playing home games with friends&guys i know very good ;-)!
Greets and good Luck

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings!
If there was a poker format where you could only play with a video camera, would that be interesting?

I would play)
I think it does exist on certains rooms. But I don't like the concept. If it was available on pokerstars I would not play this format

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It would be better because I could see the reactions of each player, and with body reading you can get a lot of good things

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. Can you imagine playing poker, watching your opponents slobbering away eating food, offensive hand gestures etc. Becasue that type of stuff would happen. I could not be bothered with it.

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would try, but when playing online poker I really think that I would prefer the annonimous games.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That sounds interesting but then probably only when it comes to smaller amounts or for fun. When it comes to higher stakes, I don't think it makes sense to show yourself, especially since not everyone is likely to turn on the camera. You might give away too much information because you don't pay attention to the fact that you are being watched at home.