Chips
not a big fan of throwables either i must say

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Throwables are just a bit of fun, if you don’t like them then don’t use them, I find they can relieve the boredom when I’m folding a lot of rubbish cards:D

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the release of emotions into the player who ran you over.)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just another example (in my not-so-humble opinion) of poker stars slowly but surely losing sight of what's important.

Poker players visit poker sites to play poker. Period. We don't visit poker sites so we can play silly social media emoji games.

I turned off those throwables the instant I realized Stars had added them, months ago.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they bring it for fun ...don't know if is there any switch button to turn them off..

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I just off this stuff and no worrying about it. Can not see what other players throw and actually happy about that!:)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they bring it for fun ...don't know if is there any switch button to turn them off..

Click SETTINGS in Stars client, go to TABLE APPEARANCE, then ANIMATION, then scroll down to the bottom you will see the option to disable throwables. They'll be gone and you won't see anybody else's, even when they use them on you.

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Throwables were implemented to make the sites more appealing for recreational players. I never use them but I have no problem with them. I’m usually playing multiple tables/games and tend to miss out on the “fireworks” ;)

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a big fan of throwables, but I see this trend increase in most sites .. and nowadays I assume I use it sometimes.. in some situations..lol The only positive side of this is to have a way of interacting or directly distracting opponents at the tables !! [emoji948]⚘[emoji857]

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, I don't really like them either, but when someone slows down the game a lot, I throw the deck there too.

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they are pretty lame. I why some like them. They are childish IMO.

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, as a recreational player I think the pitchers are super interesting. sometimes they give me good laughs during the game. but I understand that professional players cannot be deflected by these things.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
perhaps somebody on the team decided to use the same strategy like in video games, adding gesture-like additions. purpose? no clue

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I also don't see their implementation adding anything to the game but childish distraction, not to mention the waste of resources, especially for players who don't have brand new powerful devices.
The time is gone when PS was a great site where serious players meet and compete. No late registrations, no throwables, no Zoom, no progressive knock out....

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
And for me it's fun, I always try to win myself a new scammer! But I don't use it all the time)

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i never use my throwables but i usually get them because the challenges are easy to do, but recently i noticed that i now only have a couple of them and don't have all the ones i've gotten from completing challenges over the last year (around 10 of them). Did this happen to anyone else, don't really care but am curious why i don't have them anymore...

F

FuccinALLin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't noticed? As I play with mine turned off.. lol. Aswell as chat turned off.. sorry I couldn't be of any assisstance

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess they add some trivial fun to the game

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My thought is the 8 second attention span - when I first started working in news the photog that taught me had me count to 8 seconds aloud and then asked if I would be bored watching something beyond that length before a new clip was shown lol - this was the basics for editing in general/very rough basic outline. If you watch a news package/segment unless there is signification action happening within a single video/edit, you will see the edit cut at about 3 to 4 seconds simply to keep the viewer interested. So my theory is when people get fed up with their attention span on the game, they have some kind of outlet to keep them engaged. This is just my theory as to why, and of course because they can be fun for players in general.

In poker, probably at about 30 seconds of no action after most people gathered all the information they needed for the game, they get super bored and want something to do within the game or elsewhere (phong etc) lol. online poker has mainly recreational players, and I doubt they are as interested in intense patience as they are there to just have a good time playing etc

Last edited:
H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really nothing, I don't even understand them !! my favorite is when someone raises before the flop and if I possibly raise an all-in then he folds, why raise before the flop? !! I will never understand these! : D

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is done so that players throw out their aggression with objects)

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The point is to distract other players so you can easily collect their money, otherwise it's the stupidest "innovation" among poker rooms.

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They are fun. you can turn them off if you dont like them. Must admit they can can be slightly tedious when people throw constantly.

At the end of the day they just take the boredom away

I can see why people dont like them but hey ho