What does "play through" mean

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What exactly does "play through" mean in poker?
is it the amount of rake that you contribute to the site?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
So am I right if I'm assuming that you have, or you are going to, to sign up at some poker site, and they are offering some bonus with play through requirements?

If yes, then read the fine print on that site and make sure that you understand how the bonus works. The rules are not the same on every site and they can be surprising and devious.

Other than bonuses I can't really see any link between play through and poker.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was on global poker. every time you deposit $500, you get $15.
I only play in a few inexpensive tournaments and wanted withdraw my original $500 I had deposited that day, the next day they sent me an email saying i didnt reach my play through number and denied my withdrawal. Then strangely enough, I didnt play that much (im sure i didnt reach $500 inrakes/fees combined) the next day, yet they refunded the $500.
Whatever the case Im not going turn away a gift horse from my mouth. It was a nice $15.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
You were quite lucky then.

For example, Stars policy says:

"Please note that all funds that are:
deposited to your Stars Account
or received by a transfer from another player

must be wagered before a withdrawal can be requested.
"

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i feeli it ended up feeling fortunate. I live in the USA so I cant play on Stars, its one the reasons i ended up on Globalpoker. They ALWAYS pay . they send your money directly into your checking account

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play through has to do with a bonus. You deposit $100 they give you $100. You have to play through your $200 with enough rake to meet their requirements before you can withdraw.