What do you do while playing poker?

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you are card dead?

What do you do to distract yourself when you are not getting any playable hands for long periods of time?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually nothing. I am watching how others play and draw conclusions for the future. I sit and wait for card while the antes and blinds me eat. There is no alternative. If the stack is left in 5BB chose the most urgently on the card allyn.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play more tables and focused on table where me doing well.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I stick to the Poker basic strategies, and just wait with patient for the right hand. until I get close to 10BB then my only strategy is All in with a wider card options say 44 up or j10o.
If I win some and still under 10 BB keep the same strategy as soon as I am back into the comfortable zone I go back to the normal strategy. :ah4: :ad4:

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its good to wait for good cards while calling on bad ..
I normally wait till get some playable hand and try to steal blind .. but when i am down to 10bb then i goes preflop allin on cards like AK-A10 pockets above 9.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im normally playing a few games at once, so I dont get bored.
Usually I play the dead table out of my range. Stealing and raising pre due to a tight image.
Otherwise, Im folding a lot, which is no fun.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to read the action players hand.. well studying about that and practice is everything. That helps me to concentrate aaandd know how my opponents play

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have the TV on watching a show or some sports. Keeping an eye on the table too of course

G

gencoal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play games ,watch movies ,cook listen to news and try to get through it but it gets hard when the other players start playing loose and I get tempted to throw in

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I wonder Why I have to be the fish.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that to be the norm most of the time. In live poker I try to sit back and watch the other players to see if I can notice any type of tells. In online poker I try to pay attention to betting methods to see if I can pick up a tell on the way players bet. And the whole time I am doing this I pray to the poker gods for some good paper!:D

tocloc238

tocloc238

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live, I would text, listen to music, etc, til I realized its more important for me to watch peoples playing styles.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I listen to radio, or watch tv shows like The 100 and The Voice US. But in great part I just play poker.

meagain00

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually listen the music in backround,or play some game....

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play tournaments. Tournaments continue 3-8 hours. Therefore, during the game, I do everything. Watching TV. I listen to music. I take food. I smoke and I drink coffee. Of course when I play tournaments responsible, I try not to spend time on other things. But usually during the game I'm watching TV. The film can not see. Because attention is mainly focused on the game. But I watch sports or news.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I especially when playing poker I usually want silences anything that comes in taking your attention can harm a decision.

BoyFlake

BoyFlake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm reading this thread while playing micros... But I usually just listen to music or observe other players live. Depends on how serious the game I'm playing is to be honest.

R

RobertCooperIII

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I put my headphones on and just jam to my music and stay as focused as I can so I can constantly take notes and my table and see how I can exploit the table and find the person that I can make the most money out of from each table I am at.

R

RobertCooperIII

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant watch TV because if I start getting interested in the show I am watching I tend to focus less on poker and more on the show which is bad for money

A

arenk22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to have noise in the background so either have a movie playing or some low music