What do you do while playing poker?

M

MIGO14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often watch TV while playing poker or play an online game beside poker, but only if I am not multitabling.

P

pokieman04

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first part of a tournament when its dogggg slow, browse the net watch tv, but the deeper the tourney gets, straight focus!!!

E

eelsthefan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I need to play super tight at the start of a tourni or trying to set mine in uNL or if I just got a bad beat and know I'm going to tilt I try to find something to distract me for a round or two, I use that time to checkout this website...

marcela_lula

marcela_lula

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing soothing music while playing poker so do not get upset when I lose control and leave me relaxed

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, if I'm not looking at the table I severely decrease my chances of making any money lol

so just music, but soft enough so that I can hear that fake card shuffling sound from my computer
˜ ¸ ˛
( ' ˘ ')

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have some movie on in the background, but I play better when I just have music and pay full attention.

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker usually have the radio on, or let go some music, if I play a little table that happens to have a look what's on the internet: D

SittinPerty

SittinPerty

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Like to watch youtube videos! like EPT London, Barcelona, etc Or PCA's usually they have all videos starting from day1 until final table. Each video being around 54 mins. It gives me something to watch while folding those dirty rags by the dealer....and it keeps me sharp since i'm watching POKER!!!! hahaha

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the times, I just play poker. Thats how I made my best results. Ocassionaly I listen music, eating, watching some videos, reading stuff...

P

poltax

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time I play more then one game
on 2 computers ,so 8 or more games
so I need all my attention on the games,and a little tv that 's it

hugomito

hugomito

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen songs and focus on the table

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking notes or writing about poker in general, also i listen to music to keep a rythm.

R

rw11687

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do my best to not get distracted by other things when playing, but it is very hard to do sometimes. In college, I could sit down and play for hours without any other form of entertainment. I wish I had that level of dedication still, but as life gets more complicated with a career, wife, and kids, it is harder and harder to find the time to dedicate all of my attention to any single thing. At best, I can sit down and play for a few hours while my son is playing trucks, which is a distraction in itself.

T

tortuga420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do a number of things either play a couple games at same time or watch tv or listen to music but to be honest I think i mostly swear at the screen for some stupid move or bad beat lol

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zooming 6 tables i don't really get the time to do anything other than value bet or fold :( but for sure if i'm just playing some regular six max or a tourney, i'd be browsing the forum,social media or on youtube watching poker videos.

S

spookah123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to be playing music in the background when I'm grinding up.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Browse the internet and sometimes watch some tv.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On my desk sit two 24" flat screen TVs. One is connected to the satellite receiver. The other is used as a computer monitor. So you can probably guess that I watch TV when I'm playing. But the reality is that I don't so much watch it as listen to It. I also listen to music while I play. But whether it is music or the TV, it's pretty much the same. I tune it to something that I like. Then as I get into the game, I mentally tune it out.

I try to pick music that is mellow. If I play something like heavy metal or gangsta rap, I find myself being overly aggressive. I also don't watch new movies when I play. I watch movies or shows that I've seen before. They don't require me to devote a lot of attention to trying to follow the story line. I watch movies or shows that I've already seen a couple of times, because I can follow them without paying full attention. And if my attention is on a hand that is being played out, I won't have to feel like I am missing anything.

Ideally your full attention should be focused on the game. But the reality is that the game can become boring at times. So a little distraction isn't always so much of a bad thing.

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do the same watch tv or listening some music...

G

Garbaniuzas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus on players. When playing cam tables, watching how players react and same things, anyway, now while playing watching football.

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listening to music helps me, without any sound i feel sleepy....:p