Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it's a very important game (a tourney), I say them to wait (in a living room) or come back later on; if it's a cash one, I leave the table or quit this match and attend them.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
how a poker player manages to play and have guests at home while playing
I play poker 3-4 days a week. Guests come to me every day, absolutely every day. I play when I have guests at home, and I even play 4-6 tables at the same time. No problems. Guests receive themselves, make themselves a drink or eat. I have full self-service at home :)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
how I wish I had at least one time a week where I wouldn't be disturbed😔. I don't have a big house to retreat to quietly, or I always have something to do. You can't ignore family and friends

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop playing when someone comes to visit during the game, so I play serious games late at night, closer to midnight

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's not my family (that is always here in my house and know that I play poker almost every day), I usually stop to play to receive my guests. If it's family, I usually play poker while I'm talking to them.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If I know that I get a visit then I just don't play. But if I didn't know it before then it depends on what I'm playing and who came

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I went to play at 6 tables yesterday, I got lost, I prefer to play with a maximum of 6 to analyze the other players, how many visits if you are at some tables ok but at many it is difficult to maintain a relationship with paying attention at all tables

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's complex, because poker takes up a lot of our time.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing on a cell phone or tablet is pretty mindless with two or less tables going. I wouldn't be able to pull of more than 2 without looking very rude to any guests that come to see me.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I imagine that professional players, his friends or visites know in advance that he is dedicated to that and give him their space, on the other hand, as a poker player for fun it is difficult for me to play and have guests, usually I prefer to stop play and atenden my guests

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I simply don't play when I have guests. With that said I have had a few quests ask me if I would play so they could watch. Most these times it'd be just a few guys/girls over for drinks for the evening. In such cases I'd load up a quick, cheap micro stakes 9 player(reg speed) SnG. Most would quickly start asking questions and why I would play a certain in a certain position and why I'd fold certain hands in certain spots.

Cheers!!!