Two players go offline at the same time

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So im currently playing on this tourney on ACR and its late stage already, only 30 players left. And all of a sudden two players go offline at the very same time. One of them was chip leader. And now they sitting out both for 40 minutes already.
Well that would be a very strange coincidence if two players lose connection at the same time, but the fact that none of them can restore his connection for 40 minutes makes it very hard to believe that they are not cheating. Perhaps two accounts from different laptops sitting in the same room or somthing.
What do you guys think?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
User names are SHIPtheFLAG and CaddyJack92

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 72
S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a coincidence, but online is always harder than offline in my experience. But offline takes so bloody long, that it's often boring.

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you contact ACR support with the information?

It's not easy for anyone of us individually to establish if collusion is occuring at a table. However, a site that has collected quite of bit of hand histories from a player can often draw some conclusions about betting patterns and determine statistical significance. (Of course, maybe the two players cited haven't played many hands on the site, so nothing can be done.)

Does collusion happen on line? Absolutely. Gauranteed. Give people the opportunity to cheat and a small percentage of the population will. Gauranteed. Scumbags gotta scam.

But since I play micro and low stakes poker, I don't mind too much. If I suspect anything, I just leave the table and find another game. If playing a tournament, it really doesn't matter too much as the field are so large and randomised. (I once landed at a final table where all the other 8 players were from one South American nation. Collusion? National playing style? Random chance? Who knows? I still came third.)

Just being aware of the possibility has given you some "spidey sense" of what is possible. Maybe just keep the names handy. If you come across the same behaviour or something fishy in the future, just contact customer support for the site.

Good luck.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
And all of a sudden two players go offline at the very same time. One of them was chip leader. And now they sitting out both for 40 minutes already.
the fact that none of them can restore his connection for 40 minutes makes it very hard to believe that they are not cheating.

I kinda wish they'd teach me that kind of "cheating" aswell then if it requires to sit out in random tournament or whatever :bebored

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you contact ACR support with the information?
Well no i did not. First came here to hear some advice. Franckly im not sure if i should, and if anything they could even do about it.
Well, before investigating some complicated stuff like betting patterns i think there should be another level - simply track players ip addresses, and if they using some vpn, track if they connect reconnect at the very same time too often.
Not like it bothers me too much as well, but its still obviously a cheating and if theres anything you can do about it - you should do it, i think.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda wish they'd teach me that kind of "cheating" aswell then if it requires to sit out in random tournament or whatever :bebored
Well they not just sit out at teh very same time, they sit out instantaneous. In the late stage. They obviously were using same internet connection.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've played at ACR for extended periods over the last few days and it appears many places were having connection problems. Frequently, five players have been sat out at a full ring table for extended periods, with four left playing every hand.

I am not saying that a couple of players could not collude but when numerous people have been cut off at various points I tend to doubt it was cheating...and under the light of such connection problems I would be a little hesitant to accuse anyone of collusion. Further (and in closing) I have no real idea of why chip leaders sitting out for 40 minutes would benefit them in any way. Two players colluding can message each other in real time so why the need for any break?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played at ACR for extended periods over the last few days and it appears many places were having connection problems. Frequently, five players have been sat out at a full ring table for extended periods, with four left playing every hand.

I am not saying that a couple of players could not collude but when numerous people have been cut off at various points I tend to doubt it was cheating...and under the light of such connection problems I would be a little hesitant to accuse anyone of collusion. Further (and in closing) I have no real idea of why chip leaders sitting out for 40 minutes would benefit them in any way. Two players colluding can message each other in real time so why the need for any break?
Im not saying sitting out is the cheating, im saying sitting out Instantaneously shows they are probably using same internet connection that went down. By the way they both never returned.
Again, they not just sit out at the same time, they do it Instantaneously. A lot of the time there are many players sitting out, no problem. And if you call this a coincidence, then okay, but if you are playing in the final stage of mtt, and lose connection, well you gonna try to restore it. And the fact that they both could not do it make it a second coincidence.
Well anyway. Just keep in mind those two nicknames. I don't really think anyone could do anything about it.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe ACR found out during the tournament and disconnected them? I would suspect cheating too if it happened to me.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Im not saying sitting out is the cheating, im saying sitting out Instantaneously shows they are probably using same internet connection that went down. By the way they both never returned.
Again, they not just sit out at the same time, they do it Instantaneously. A lot of the time there are many players sitting out, no problem. And if you call this a coincidence, then okay, but if you are playing in the final stage of mtt, and lose connection, well you gonna try to restore it. And the fact that they both could not do it make it a second coincidence.
Well anyway. Just keep in mind those two nicknames. I don't really think anyone could do anything about it.

Yes, but if an internet connection is lost in a major city, it might not amount to a city wide internet outage, but several players could be cut off potentially at precisely the same time. This has even happened on a country wide basis when key cables have been cut.

Further, abgvedr even if two players were playing in the same residence and were cut off simultaneously it does not necessarily mean they were colluding. Brad Owens and Andrew Neeme were playing the GG section of the WSOP from a house in Mexico. No one would leap to accuse them of colluding. There are many players who share apartment and houses to grind. No doubt some collude but I believe the majority do not - too much at risk if they get caught.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its very difficult to collude in MTTs, because players have no way of knowing in advance, that they will be at the same table. Also as others have said, using the same internet connection does not prove, someone is colluding, nor is it against the TOS of any poker site. For all, we know, they could have been on some public internet in an airport of mall or something, or simply have the same internet provider, who got knocked out.

S

speeditall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So im currently playing on this tourney on ACR and its late stage already, only 30 players left. And all of a sudden two players go offline at the very same time. One of them was chip leader. And now they sitting out both for 40 minutes already.
Well that would be a very strange coincidence if two players lose connection at the same time, but the fact that none of them can restore his connection for 40 minutes makes it very hard to believe that they are not cheating. Perhaps two accounts from different laptops sitting in the same room or somthing.
What do you guys think?
Maybe I prefer to play with friends & family but that does not mean we are cheating if it happens we finish on the same table I try my best to bust him did they do anything suspicious while they were online. I went on & searched these 2 players and they do not maintain a very high winning rates.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion is not difficult to discover, as there are gambling and betting patterns in all situations that happen during a hand. poker sites can easily find out as they have a hand history with statistics on the standard way of playing with each card. In this case, if you suspected something, the best attitude is to report what happened

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My opinion on this thread is first, that without pretty conclusive proof of wrong doing, you shouldn't be mentioning the names of players. I guess it is possible that they were in collusion, but not very probable due to there being nothing to really gain from it. They could just as easily fold all their hands and accomplish the same thing, while still being able to take advantage of good hands.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheating in mtts,i dont think so :""

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now, if they also appeared on the network at the same time, it would be suspicious write to the support, state your suspicions, perhaps checking something will show, but for now there is too little information to draw conclusions

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What the accounts team can do is check chat logs in games between these two, also to check if there has been any record of player to player transfers.
Social media has also been known to be used to determine collusion. The fraud teams at all sites have some very rigorous ways to determine if foul play is at hand.
Addresses, names, dates of registrations, deposit methods, all links are checked.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a coincidence, since I had such a situation that at a table of 9 people, five simultaneously went into a sitout in one tournament and in another 3 out of 9 players went into a sitout and returned an hour later, after which they took turns leaving the tournament outside the prize zone.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly wouldn't put it past people, though it might just be a coincidence. I'd contact support tho, just to me sure.

pandafreeroll

pandafreeroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Surely that's clear-cut evidence of shameless cheating! Just imagine how much money they likely have blatantly stolen from how many unsuspecting players... by SITTING OUT!

?

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty sad but people do it for any dollar amount. I always preach play what you can afford to lose.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the site may be under repair :) it happens

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While anything can happen and we never really know, I doubt they were the same person. If you ever try and the site see the same I{ address they can an will cut you off,

If worried just look them up and see where they are from and how they play. They could be from the same country but what it there not? Help give you and answer. Are they winning players of not? can help answer the question.