tricky question

F

Fidoww1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on SB, CO open to 2,5 bb this guy is a rock literally with 2 or 3% of 3bet I have QQ and I decide to 3 bet to 10 BB he 4 bets me but I realize that he has 19% of 4 bets in 600 hands I decide to fold cuz he doesn't 3 bets that much what you do you think about this? my fold was correct or not? I play nl5

I am sorry for my English I hope you understand this lol.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey Edow...,
First of all, your English is understandable enough for us to know exactly what you meant.
As to the hand, there is some missing information. An important one is the stack size. With a healthy stack, you could've seen the flop at least. What I don't understand very much is your 3bet against a player you described as a tight one. I would've just called and re-evaluate on the flop.

F

Fidoww1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
damn it! lol

I didn't think that. may have to do with the way I play poker and it was a standard move for me like an automatic movement, but I think that you are right I have to be more adaptative with these players and try to take advantage with my strong hands.

Not 3betting was the best move! hahaha lol

anyway, I am still concerned about why he has more 4 bets over his 3 bets he does not have a balance on his bets right? makes me think that he has more bluffs but I am not sure that's why I folded.

Thank you for answering me!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I didn't think that. may have to do with the way I play poker and it was a standard move for me like an automatic movement, but I think that you are right I have to be more adaptative with these players and try to take advantage with my strong hands.

Not 3betting was the best move! hahaha lol

anyway, I am still concerned about why he has more 4 bets over his 3 bets he does not have a balance on his bets right? makes me think that he has more bluffs but I am not sure that's why I folded.

Thank you for answering me!

Well, a 4bet from a player with those stats suggests a strong, definitely a prime hand, so calling or shoving with your QQ would've been a gamble (except if you were really short stacked). So the fold was correct, but only against that kind of player.
Analysing this kind of hands is very important to all of us. That's how we keep learning, whether from a mistake or a good play.
I don't know if you are familiar with Nathan Williams, if not, check out some of his videos, vsry helpful.
Good luck man....