There is racism in online poker

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I have never seen racism in online poker. Insulting a player after bad beat is bad, but imo it is not a racism

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism is being fought all over the world. But no matter how much effort is made, there will always be those who divide people by skin color. Poker competitions are no exception.

In 2018, Italian player Adrian Sorin, who was removed from the wsop tournament, paid for his racist remarks. He is not new to live poker competitions and participates in them regularly. But he didn't make a good reputation for himself. Many people refer to him as an unpleasant type who allows himself too much in conversations at the table.

The object of his attacks this time was a black player – it was in his address that the Italian made several questionable remarks. The organizers did not put up with this and, without thinking twice, interrupted his participation in the entire tournament series.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is definitely racism in online poker. Well, there is racism everywhere.. and I find it even more apparent while gaming because those people don't have to "face you" in person and are in the comfort of their homes when they go on their racist rants... I never have chat turned on for this reason.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is such a thing in online poker, as I don't think there is racism in live poker either.

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online Poker is played by people since there are racist people in the world you will meet some of them from time to time no matter where you are but i think at the tables it´s frustration most of the time

DanyDiablo

DanyDiablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The truth is that I never saw anything like this at the online poker tables ..... What I do see are sometimes racist comments ... Good hands.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.

I don´t think so... just there is countrys that you preffer avoid in a table by is way of play, like Russia or brazil.

emanuelorteg

emanuelorteg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that you mean classism can it be?
And this is easy, if you have a lot of money you have a better chance of earning much more, on the other hand if you live from the micro limits I think you need more than luck, technique and statistics

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that you mean classism can it be?
And this is easy, if you have a lot of money you have a better chance of earning much more, on the other hand if you live from the micro limits I think you need more than luck, technique and statistics

Your explanation is very interesting and I support your comment, but you know that if you can witness comments a little crazy past

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A QUESTION NOW, A CHANGE IN POKER HAS BEEN SEEN AS THERE ARE LESS PLAYERS BECAUSE IN ORAS CITIES ARE ALREADY RAISING THE QUARANTINE

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The truth is that I never saw anything like this at the online poker tables ..... What I do see are sometimes racist comments ... Good hands.

This is why racisno exists in online poker for racist comments

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a players color doesnt matter to me too much, until I take notes on them and assign a color to them according to how they play and thats when my prejudices shine.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a players color doesnt matter to me too much, until I take notes on them and assign a color to them according to how they play and thats when my prejudices shine.
Haha love it. Also love your name. ATHF used to be one of my favorite shows.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes I recognised stupid comments or bad laughing when somebody wins ALLIN with very bad hands..but no racism.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Racism is everywhere because there are racists everywhere.
The only way to get to a point of not having racism, we all must embrace our oneness and stand up against bigotry.
Now I must go kick something to make up for my altruistic nature :p ( Angry hippie chick who believes in balance :p )

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, there is exist. I've seen it. Once I was target too; I did not complained but reported it and received feedback. I believe the worm got a warning.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't be responsible for other players, but it doesn't matter to me who I play with !!! I think this sometimes happens, not this is not a session manifestation of racism, but rather lonely cases of idiocy))))

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is racism everywhere and poker is no exception. If you could wave a magic wand and everyone in the world for 1 week over 4 weeks, was a different race each week. On the 5th week, back to your original ethnicity and there would either be less of the worldwide population, or racism would be eradicated, once and for al!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello, this topic is to see if racism has spread in the world of online poker, because there are situations in the game where it seems that it exists, or it is only the system that gives you the best game for those who have deposited large sums of money. money for the game, what is your comment on this topic.

I thought this thread was about racism and I responded on it previously while thinking that is what its about. I didn't read the first post :(

What is this? (bolded part). Are you suggesting that the sites are rigged? And how does that relate to racism? Are you suggesting some races are favored over others as far as 'results' go on the tables?.... Or is it how large of deposits (because of one's race?) and how that relates to results?

Please tell us more about this conspiracy....

L

ludinj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the internet there is racism all over the place

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Very interesting topic.
It seems like there are two parts to your post. The first is about social racism which as others have said exists pretty much everywhere. I don't have my comments turned on in chat so I dont see what others are saying. I am sure there have been racist comments in online poker as everywhere else and I hope that the online poker companies take complaints seriously.

About the second part. It seems like you are saying that people with more money have a better experience in online poker or are more successful than others.
Here is where I give a shout out to Cardschat and ACR.
Many sites you have to buy in at least 2 dollars for a MTT.
ACR regularly offers great low cost MTT. For example about 415pm Pacific there is usually a great MTT for 25 cents.
Then there are the freerolls in ACR and the cardschat freerolls. Just to give my personal experience, I have been learning poker for 5 years. I have very little money so I only allow myself to spend 35 dollars per year on poker. That is less than 3 dollars per month. I am able to have a great experience because of ACR and cardschat.
As for being successful I think people can become successful learning on a 100k bankroll or a 10 dollar bankroll.
In the long run it is how good you are at poker that will make the difference. That's one of the cool things about poker is you can start with very little money and if you are good enough at the game and work hard at it you can be successful. I think our economic system in the world is not always this way due to systematic racism.
I'm not sure there are many other places where the playing field is so level.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting topic.
It seems like there are two parts to your post. The first is about social racism which as others have said exists pretty much everywhere. I don't have my comments turned on in chat so I dont see what others are saying. I am sure there have been racist comments in online poker as everywhere else and I hope that the online poker companies take complaints seriously.

About the second part. It seems like you are saying that people with more money have a better experience in online poker or are more successful than others.
Here is where I give a shout out to Cardschat and ACR.
Many sites you have to buy in at least 2 dollars for a MTT.
ACR regularly offers great low cost MTT. For example about 415pm Pacific there is usually a great MTT for 25 cents.
Then there are the freerolls in ACR and the cardschat freerolls. Just to give my personal experience, I have been learning poker for 5 years. I have very little money so I only allow myself to spend 35 dollars per year on poker. That is less than 3 dollars per month. I am able to have a great experience because of ACR and cardschat.
As for being successful I think people can become successful learning on a 100k bankroll or a 10 dollar bankroll.
In the long run it is how good you are at poker that will make the difference. That's one of the cool things about poker is you can start with very little money and if you are good enough at the game and work hard at it you can be successful. I think our economic system in the world is not always this way due to systematic racism.
I'm not sure there are many other places where the playing field is so level.

Your comment is very interesting and I also agree with you for Cardschat it has been very cool now with the whole range of tournaments they offer are very interesting, this helps me to improve poker much better because I play the ferroll as if it were a major tournament

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Pro! :)
I haven't seen an example of it yet. I think most poker players are intelligent people. But that's not a nice thing in any sport. It mostly happens in football.