nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi all!
I would like to talk about the random number generator. The giants in the online poker industry are subject to special checks for fair play. This also includes the randomness of mixing cards.

I'm not saying that the random number generator is twisted and so on. I'll try to go a little from the other side. What is a random number? Computer programs work strictly according to certain algorithms, and cannot come up with a number themselves. Right? Where does "accident" come from? The bottom line is that there is no coincidence. The program clings to some kind of algorithm, for example, it can be mathematical calculations based on the current coordinates of the players' cursors. Of course, this is possibly something more complicated. But think about it, the algorithms can be such that the players in the process of distribution, affect the distribution itself.
Maybe the bad beat that caused you to lose was because you accidentally twitched your mouse or took too long to make a decision post-flop)

This post is just my thoughts. Nothing more)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with some things, for me RNG is still a software/algorithm/codex, and these things can be changed according to the will of whoever controls it

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Having watched a lot of live poker tournaments, the cards really work the same for me online as they do live.
If he gives you a badbeat, it will also be the same one live.
Be careful, I respect your opinion because I used to think a lot like you, but I began to understand that luck also exists and a lot of it.
Today all mathematical calculations, strategies, outs and so on, a badbeat destroys it in an instant.
As I said yesterday to a colleague, I hit you with the badbeat, all you have to do is be a gentleman, tell your opponent “very good hand, successes” and go play another tournament.
Cheers;););)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the important thing is that everything is random, and the rest, suppositions, theories, etc. I would not pay so much attention to it because it does not lead to anything, to any conclusion and what it causes you is not to fully enjoy poker

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what the random number generator depends on. And that's enough for me. In any case there will appear the card that is in the deck and which neither of the players or on the board is.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all!
I would like to talk about the random number generator. The giants in the online poker industry are subject to special checks for fair play. This also includes the randomness of mixing cards.

I'm not saying that the random number generator is twisted and so on. I'll try to go a little from the other side. What is a random number? Computer programs work strictly according to certain algorithms, and cannot come up with a number themselves. Right? Where does "accident" come from? The bottom line is that there is no coincidence. The program clings to some kind of algorithm, for example, it can be mathematical calculations based on the current coordinates of the players' cursors. Of course, this is possibly something more complicated. But think about it, the algorithms can be such that the players in the process of distribution, affect the distribution itself.
Maybe the bad beat that caused you to lose was because you accidentally twitched your mouse or took too long to make a decision post-flop)

This post is just my thoughts. Nothing more)
I think taht is to complicated. just play your game and hope for the best

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I tend to think a little about the duration of each tournament, there must be a predetermined average time for the duration of each one.
I observe that chip leaders make absurd plays - EV and almost always win a certain hand that pre-flop had a minimum winning percentage.
Do you think my doubts are plausible, or are they the ravings of an old lady?

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think this can even happen, however, there is an audit carried out in large renowned poker companies, precisely to avoid any irregularities, but I agree with you that badbeat are very present at the tables.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I do not waste my time and energy on conspiracy theories and other things I can't control, sure anything could be happening, does that mean anything is happening... no, in poker and in life in general I focus on facts and what I can control... that's me and my actions, good luck!

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I tend to think a little bit about the length of each tournament, there should be a predetermined average length of time for each one.
I see chip leaders making absurd EVs and almost always win a certain hand that had a minimum win percentage preflop.
Do you think my doubts are plausible, or is it an old lady's nonsense?
I agree with your thoughts, as I have also noticed this more than once.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, your thoughts are very correct if suddenly you are playing with a draw hand and pulled the mouse incorrectly, you lost or thought too much:):)

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Every time I wait 10 seconds before calling a bet it comes in. But if I only wait 5 I dont get there. So I always wait 10s. You need to wait 20s to drill a set on the turn. ;)

Obviously it's just random, imagine how complex it would be if they tried to manipulate which of the thousand sof people on the site at any one time need to suck out. And what's the incentive?

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i never trusted in the "rng" that they say lol i still play tho

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
That's exactly it. The system depends on algorithms that simulate each situation during the game. so if you take some time to make a decision, it does influence the way the game continues. There is no such thing as random numbers, those who play know that at all times the software puts absurd situations that you need to work against. Random is when a deck is honestly shuffled and dealt out in the right way for players to make their decisions. I find online poker absurdly manipulated, I keep playing because it's not always possible to have time for a live tournament, as I'm a mere worker with an 8-hour shift. This is my opinion.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read about this too, that some random number generators also use the movement of the mouse as part of the calculation and that is how the cards arrive.
You push the mouse a little further and the ace high hand comes instead of the royal flush. :sneaky:

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have read about this too, that some random number generators also use the movement of the mouse as part of the calculation and that is how the cards arrive.
You push the mouse a little further and the ace high hand comes instead of the royal flush. :sneaky:
But I don’t have a mouse when playing on the App, I guess I’m cheating the system mwa hahaha

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that online distributions are almost the same as in a live game. If the hands were different, then many players would notice this and start complaining. But after all, everyone plays and does not complain about distributions.