Is there anything worse than disconnection and software problems?

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played the tournament. It was almost the bubble. I had a short stack. One or two more hands and...the screen shows disconnect.
Losing with the strong cards is the great sadness. Of course. But i think that disconnect problems are even more tangible. It almost the worst that could happen during the game.
Have you been in such situations and what did you think at those moments?

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes that can drive a person crazy. It has happened to me a few times. I also have an old computer that all of a sudden decides it needs to do a reboot at a critical time in a tourney as well.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I played the tournament. It was almost the bubble. I had a short stack. One or two more hands and...the screen shows disconnect.
Losing with the strong cards is the great sadness. Of course. But i think that disconnect problems are even more tangible. It almost the worst that could happen during the game.
It's happened to me a few times too, my computer has a life of its own, sometimes it decides to crash in the middle of the game, then I have to turn it off and start all over again.
It's about time I bought a new pc, my computer has no memory, it has a vague memory.:ROFLMAO:

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Use 2 ways of Internet connection. For example, use phone in modem mode for PC

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually in such cases, I wait until the presumable moment that I still have a stack to play with. It's unfortunate, but I can't help myself. It happens that the light disappears during the game. There is no insurance for all occasions.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately I never was disconnected during an important hand. The times that this situation happened to me were before the tournament starts. But if was disconnected during a big cash game/mtt hand I would definitely would be so mad, way worse than a bad beat.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its anger and disappointment, but some moments later its better, and it can disappear. So as your money when you're bubbled out this way. ;) There's always a next time, so.. :)

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I had a situation on the final table 888, when the application on the phone started to update and it was very disappointing that I could not cancel the update or postpone it for another time.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have often been in such situations and it is very annoying. But now there is a war in my country and everything has become much worse. Communication is poor and the electricity is cut off very often. Sadly.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I know such situations too. It's terrible when I alternatively play on the smartphone when I'm out of the house and suddenly the internet connection breaks or deteriorates. But it gets even worse. What I don't understand is that the poker App has to load from the beginning every time. A broken connection then costs at least 1 minute or more.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
nothing just forget and if this happens, you won't change anything, well, there's a solution you go from your phone and keep playing I think it's easy;)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened to me once. I was like you, very angry. But I believe that feeling is normal at the moment. There's not much to do.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been in such situations quite often, especially recently. In such cases, the only way out is to continue the game on the smartphone if possible.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I once had the situation where the loss of internet connection saved my tournament life. Otherwise I would have called an all-in. Since then, I take these situations better.

However, there is one fact that makes me hit the roof anyway! In some tournaments, after the connection was restored to 100%, I couldn't get out of sitting-out mode. The tournament continues...I get cards, even see them...and automatically fold - until the stack is empty. Before your eyes and you can not intervene!

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I got disconnected when I would have caught monster. What a freaking coincidence.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'll see your connection problems and raise you a giant black cat that likes to sit on my laptop and play his own brand of poker!:cool:

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Had it sometimes on my phone if I was traveling by train 🙈

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Personally, my frustration has always been the internet connection, since due to these problems I have lost several tournaments and the opportunity to collect in most of them, apart from the internet failures they do not let me play in peace, it is annoying, and that It leads to making decisions that have harmed me in my bets and decision making. Ultimately the internet is my biggest opponent in online poker.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah connection issues are the worst, and the software freezing, which can happen alot when using multiple sites and a hud. Worst is when you are post flop with a monster and then get disconnected. Happened to me recently and my opponent bet 1bb to get the fold as he had seen I was disconnected, infuriating!

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, I've also been in these situations, and it's really bad as hell, it's a feeling of sadness especially if you have few chips, I advise you to have at least two internet to play, if one of them has problems, use the other

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
ufff the disconnection is low because you run out of battery right at the moment you see a pair of AA and the worst thing is that it takes more than five minutes to turn on the computer again

R

RAGNARKZ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
There was a time in 888 when I was in the lead and I was kicked out of the game because of that I lost

A

ana4marius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, playing from the phone and someone calling you when you have a good hand and is your turn to bet just then. The call kicks you from the game and when you enter back is already too late :(

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon everyone, yes I had connection problems, but it stopped. There was a time when the problem happened with pokerstars and then it was GGPoker, I just don't know if the problem is with my internet or with the sites.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is the reason why I do not trust my WiFi on laptop and pc , on mobile it's ok . But on laptop and pc with WiFi I have many times disconnections , most of these times were on ACR , or Bwin/partypoker . The reason why I do not play much on ACR nowadays , that's why I will play with cable connect on these two sites . Bwin and ACR software are very demanding in processing power or memory ,I do not like their software , e specially Bwin's

When I get disconnected I get furious , I might abandon gameplay if I get a lot of times disconnected . But It ink most if the times it's my WiFi on pc or the laptop low performance . If I play on pc with network cable , or on laptop with network cable and few games or on mobile , then rarely I have problems .