Stack, tile or cascade?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Stack, tile or cascade? Which poker is more convenient for you to play when many tables are open?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In the early days of online poker where I had only one monitor and played many tables I used stack.
Now that only 4 tables per provider and 1 provider at a time is allowed in germany, I play tile.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to tile as I will play 4 -6 tables max and like to follow the action when not in a hand to see what the other players are doing.

My PC setup allows this also I have enough screen space to view all the tables and the resolution is good.

It's easier now as you can change the table sizes, I remember when this wasn't an option and PC monitors were a lot smaller lol

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I only double table and the majority of micro/low stakes players likely aren't good enough to even double table and make a profit. So double it is. 32's monitor so side by side tile...stretched both tables to fit evenly. Works great and makes it easy on the old eyes when playing MTT's for hours and hours. Also for the avg hobby/rec player 18 players is hard enough on the head to keep track of at a time.

Cheers!!!

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play between 1-4 cash game tables depending on how focused on the game I feel I'll scale up and down through my session. Personally I like being able to see all my tables while I'm playing so I would have to go with tile. I think being able to see which villains are doing odd stuff gives you more of an advantage as opposed to just seeing HUD stats or not paying enough attention to have any information at all.

I think it's more important for tournament players to be able to fit massing amounts of tables on to their screen. From there I imagine they just go with what works best for them. For someone looking to play large amounts of MTTs per session long into the future a monitor with good resolution is going to be a pretty good investment as multi-tabling is how you're going to be able to maximize your hourly.

Alternatively if you're just starting out or not profitable or very profitable on a low table count there isn't a need to play more tables for the sake of more tables.

You should focus on what works best for your current game and your game going into the future.

Some of my friends who play MTTs have 12-15 tables up at once which melts my brain to even think about how they would do that.

Then again sometimes I degen and find myself 4-tabling zoom playing thousands of hands in a session from the simplicity and ease of the 2x2 tile set up.

Think of what your poker goal is in 2 years and think of the set up you'll need to best reach that goal then work towards that. You don't need everything at once.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play with tile tables , up to 12 at the same time

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level