Repeated hands

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The day before yesterday I spent the day playing 02nl at PS and had so many repeated hands. Like one after the other. This really made me question how random is their dealing.

Has it ever happened to you guys?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Once in a while happens to me
Indeed is very curious to see that happening
But as i say....as for PS with their huge site i really dont think that is unfair or
bugged

Rghds

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation happens all the time. This also happened to me more than once.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, there were such giveaways with me.
They handed out the same cards 2-3 times in a row, for example, they handed out 5 6 diamonds, and on the next hand they gave 5 6 diamonds again.
I've noticed such hands many times, talked about it with other players, everyone reacts differently, someone thinks it's strange, and someone says it's normal.
Personally, I think it's weird.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are 1.326 different combos of starting hands, so if you play 100.000 hands, you should expect to see this around 75 times. If you never saw it, then there would be reason to think, the card dealing is not random :)

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
RNG also shows not such tricks) once in a tournament, AA was handed out 4 times in a row, so guys, relax, everything is fine, people just always have selective memory in such cases

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes, I've met it many times. And in these cases, the cards are usually bad.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That happens to me all the time. Look at there are patterns in nature and nature ain't rigged.

Kabarred

Kabarred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They weren't in a row, but last night I counted Q9 off suit in 5 out of 9 hands.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes once I received QQ 3 times in a row, and the fourth time I got KK and just after QQ it was a little weird, I will never forget it:angel::angel:

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The day before yesterday I spent the day playing 02nl at PS and had so many repeated hands. Like one after the other. This really made me question how random is their dealing.

I've had an online session of 2 AA in a row.

Too bad none of them I got table action.

K

Kaothi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This never happened to me, but every time I take part in a tournament away from the digital world, I get the impression that the high hands are hit much more often online.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has not happened to me and in any case when it happens I will take it as a coincidence, I have been playing for a long time and in several poker sites and I have not gone through something similar or maybe yes but for the unusual nor the memory:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

thebigdrodney

thebigdrodney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, doesn't happen often, but when it does it can be frustrating.

F

Flops22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've received the same card values 3 or 4 times in a row sometimes with the same suits.

I've also noticed another curious quirk. On the flop I see this combination a lot X-Z-X. Not Z-X-X or X-X-Z specifically:

or
K2K
or
8J8

if the shuffle is random then why don't I see a flop of

556 or 655
KK2 or 2KK
J88 or 88J

If the shuffle was truly random I would expect to see more variance in the flop pattern.

I'm referring to the actual pattern X-Z-X and not the actual card values. Take note when it happens and see how often that pattern repeats. You'll be surprised that in one tourney the pattern of X-Z-X flop will occur many times but you'll never see Z-X-X or X-X-Z.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens for me from time to time. One time I tough that's RNG is rigged. I've got 5 time AA in a row at the same table

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Repeated Hands

I have had AA and KK twice in a row but the best memory i have on repeated hands was on Full tilt some years ago where i got dealt 22 - 3 times in a row, now that was really weird and it was around the time when FT was under review.

For the record - those back to back aces both got cracked by 333 and 888 Lol.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Yep, and at the live poker, I didn't forget, received 53 off more than 10 times. Then I received 53 on , and called. Flopped just street flush. That was really nice triple up. And won the next 8 hands in a row with enough stack to get to the FT.
Happy new Year everybody. See You at the beautiful FT.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Repetitive hands are a common set of circumstances. It happens, but it won't happen all the time.

M

Master_nolios

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play 2 games minimum so when I see both tables sink up I get concerned.

Back to back aces is hot but my back to back quad threes I knew that was a once in a life time. Or was it. Few weeks later I got quad sevens back to back.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also have hands that are repeated sometimes. Sometime 5 years ago, I received a pocket AA pair three times in a row. You yourself understand the likelihood of such a case is very small.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already experienced the same on pokerstars, often with bad cards but sometimes with premium hands. It can occur if you play a lot of hands.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Got pocket aces back to back twice in a 3 week span. I really wonder if the RNG the dealer was using was rigged in my favor. LOL. Only has happened live.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this often happens to me, but only often they give only bad cards by repetition, and good ones like AA KK QQ etc. rarely -_-

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands