Real Time Solver scandal

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah that's really disappointing. He was even a member of a few of the twitch streamer discord groups I'm in

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is certainly an issue at the high stakes scene, and there is really not much, poker sites can do about it. People will usually only get exposed, if they do something stupid like telling friends, that they are cheating.

Yesterday I had been working off the tables with ICMizer and forgot to close the program become opening up the pokerstars client. Right away I had a warning email for breaking the TOS, even though I had not yet played a single hand. The email is system generated and tell, that PokerStars know, I probably did not do this on purpose, but if I do it again, they might take "sterner action", which I guess mean, they will steal my money.

The problem though is, that they are only cracking down on people like me, who dont actually cheat, but just do, what PC users have always done, which is to have programs running, even though you are not using them right now. The actual cheaters of course have ICMizer or their solver running at another computer, and there is no way for PokerStars to ever figure that out.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is certainly an issue at the high stakes scene, and there is really not much, poker sites can do about it. People will usually only get exposed, if they do something stupid like telling friends, that they are cheating.

Yesterday I had been working off the tables with ICMizer and forgot to close the program become opening up the PokerStars client. Right away I had a warning email for breaking the TOS, even though I had not yet played a single hand. The email is system generated and tell, that PokerStars know, I probably did not do this on purpose, but if I do it again, they might take "sterner action", which I guess mean, they will steal my money.

The problem though is, that they are only cracking down on people like me, who dont actually cheat, but just do, what PC users have always done, which is to have programs running, even though you are not using them right now. The actual cheaters of course have ICMizer or their solver running at another computer, and there is no way for PokerStars to ever figure that out.

They dont actually need another computer and can run a virtual machine on the same computer and go undetected. As computers get faster the cheating will trickle down into the smaller stakes. If the sites do not figure out how to address this and detect it, online poker will be doomed in a few short years.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yesterday I had been working off the tables with ICMizer and forgot to close the program become opening up the PokerStars client. Right away I had a warning email for breaking the TOS, even though I had not yet played a single hand. The email is system generated and tell, that PokerStars know, I probably did not do this on purpose, but if I do it again, they might take "sterner action", which I guess mean, they will steal my money.

I had a similar situation when I opened the Equilab program
and at the same time the PS room was opened.
They see it right away, but if the players have two ip-addresses and another computer, they probably won't see it.
..I often saw this on streams of some players

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, they are all Operators, they see maps. I'll say even more, they give them away!