DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here is some food for thought:
EA Sports has been caught with a patent called "Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment" (DDA). The premise of the patent is that when 2 players connect to their server to play against each other, the server gathers data from both players and rates their skill level. Once the server has determined each players skill level, it will "level the playing field" so that the worse player doesn't get frustrated and quit. They need players to not quit because they want them to purchase their player packs for their "Ultimate Team" modes where you purchase packs of virtual cards in hopes of getting virtual superstars to put onto your team (For example, you buy more packs hoping to "pull" a Ronaldo in FIFA so he can be on your team). EA Sports makes millions of dollars off of people buying these virtual cards. So they have gone to great lengths to artificially level the playing field between the highly skilled players and the casual players to increase their profit margins.

This patent is extremely detailed and can be found online. Here is an excerpt from the EA Sports DDA Patent: "Another solution that may be used in some types of competitive video games , such as racing games , is to vary the ability of the user or the user ' s competitor based on the relationship between the user and the user ' s competitor . For example , supposing that the video game is a racing game , the user ' s car may be made faster when the user is doing poorly and may be made slower when the user is doing well . This solution may result in what is sometimes referred to as a “ rubber band effect . ”

So here is some food for thought; If video game companies are already using technology like this to artificially level the playing field between skilled and non-skilled players, Wouldn't it be likely that online poker sites, which are making an exponentially more amount of money, be doing something at least as advanced as this?

Informative post, thanks.

I have already argued the psychology of Candy Crush as the first 'Freemium' download. A game so addicting that at its peak the 'free App' was earning US$ 4.2 million a day in 2018.The Saga original version has grossed 5 billion since inception.

Whenever any player defends the poker sites with 'Why would they ruin their reputation? They have rake" I just sort of laugh.

Last edited:
ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think it is not true. But if it is, than well done to be a criminal :D

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no

Good afternoon everyone.
I have been playing poker since 2018, I was always suspicious about the draw of the cards, because every time a non-favorite hand wins, in a proportion that goes against the probability of poker.
I have read many comments on this subject, what I found most logical, was that the site wins when you sign up for a Mtt, if the Mtt is $ 5.50, the site earns $ 0.50, it is interesting for the site that, players with less chips lose faster, so they can play other Mtts and thus the site profits faster.
I saw a video from a great website that says that the cards are drawn and that the software does not interfere in the result, but it seems just the opposite to the vast majority of hands that I play against villains who have more chips, I lose even though I have more than 80% pre-flop, every time.
I played a Mtt the villain playing 64% range, limped 87o vs my QQ from UTG1, made 4x, flop 6 5 7 turn 3 and river 4, every time I lose with premium hands vs these hands to villains with more chips, in the second hand I played against him then he raised from SB, I went All in from BB with J8o vs a villain who plays 87o from UTG, plays everything from SB, and software that has random randomness, gave J8o hero vs QJo villain.
If you look at my chart on the sharkscope, you will see that I have a sense of the game, so I know what I'm saying, I'm not complaining about bad bet, I'm talking about the draw of the carats that, in my opinion, has a schedule for most of the times favor the player with the most chips.

Attachments

• mao 4.jpg
    mao 4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 7
  • mao 5.jpg
    mao 5.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 7
  • AQ vs AQ.jpg
    AQ vs AQ.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 7
  • mao 1.jpg
    mao 1.jpg