Psychology in online poker

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It helps a lot, if you make time just to get a value call you are applying the psychology :D

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Do you think psychology can help you in online poker? Or can it only help offline?
patience is the best psychology in poker sometimes we get desperate because we didn't pay a 5 7 and a straight came, and we started paying mans and lowering our stack, the best thing is to wait for the pairs and calculate the average number of hands you win and lose so you'll know when to go and when not

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Do you think psychology can help you in online poker? Or can it only help offline?
I think psychology can help in everything, both in online and offline poker, even in life

A

abdooly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I mean, it can help both online and offline for sure. Though it should be noted, it may differ online. I see it only being helpful online in understanding your thoughts, patterns, and how to avoid tilt/destructive/reckless behavior.
You could also definitely manipulate enemies in one way or another by either showing them a card, or.. typing in chat... and as stupid as this may seem, some people get tilted when you even emote at them, like a laughing emoji or something.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After you learn the math, tactics and strategies poker is 100% psychology.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Psychological stability is an extremely important component for both online and regular poker players.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching the opponent's game, you can understand how balanced he is and use it to your advantage, emotions in poker only harm.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In online poker, it will help you cope with your problems to a greater extent (experience, tilt, etc.).

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
psychology = mindset i think. Is very ve3ry important.

We need to a focus before a session to play own "A GAME" focus to play without mistakes. focus that we can win with all.

it is important not to identify with negativity when you hit a bad beat, cooler or suck out.

We are an oasis of calm

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ya there's a level of psychology to online poker. At least I'd like to think I'm actually tricking ppl. It could all just be in my head though lmao

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The psychology of the player is very important and is an integral part of the game and the basis for the results. As in the live game as in the online game, the player must be emotionally stable, focused, disciplined, patient, otherwise the chances of success are very low.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what do you mean exactly ?

do you mean if it is advantageous in poker to be able to understand different emotions of other humans and to be well versed in psychological questions ?

i would say yes absolutely .

i personally have a good ability to "feel" other peoples minds . it is hard to explain . i somehow can put myself in their head a little to say it in a weird way lol . and i can get a magnetic vibe from people . and this helps me a lot with poker ...especially with reading opponents and catching bluffs

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
psychology will also help online, as you can see how a person mainly plays either with a bluff or only with a strong hand, but of course offline it is much more important