The presence of Bots online these days

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is my question - What % of players at your table do think are Bots in MTT's and cash games these days ? This goes for all buy in levels.
I am asking for a reason and will follow up with a Bot post soon after reading your responses.

B

Bmilla135

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always hustled.by bots. Tough..

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR admits a BOT problem, they have even paid out recoverd money from fake acounts and or bots and paid it back out to players in those tourneys. I actually recived about $11 from them once. With that being said, I still dont trust online poker period. I do believe there are people who cheat, its happened before and it crushed online poker. I believe there is shade within alot of sites, especially those unregulated and offered to US players. I believe a person can make money playing online. You got to know how to play the game "skill", also you have to be smart enough to dodge the crazy RNG that they use. Its not the same as live poker I dont care who tells that story. yeah you see more hands online than live but online poker is enough to make David Copperfield shake his head. Right now is a great time for the online business with covid, they are making a killing for sure. I prefer live myself, but right now online is my best and only real option and I play alot even knowing the risk.You kinda get the best of both worlds being able to sit you the comfort of your own home and play. I only put so much money online at a time as I dont think poker sites make good banks....lol gl on the tables and be very careful

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know nothing about bots, I dont think I have ever met a bot but if they exist then I for sure can't notice them. As I know its pretty hard to make a winning bot in poker for now, especially not playing heads up.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GREAT POST.

FIRST. BOTS are either REACTIVE BOTS (VERY DIFFICULT) or

PASSIVE BOT DATABASES (EG. POKER HUD Software) that tracks a players statistics and forms a "habit" opinion on how that identified player "plays." This is 95% of the software available today....highly marketed online.

REACTIVE BOT (DATABASE/ + INSTANT HAND IDENTIFICATION) - would take almost a "super computer to program to do FAST with in a 20seconds timer.

I did a deep dive on this 5 years ago and I'm sure the VERA-FLOP vs (CHEW CPU TIME) is the same.....it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to "see", "compute" and to "respond" back with in "20 sec" is a QUITE A PROGRAMMING FEAT period.

S

sharky132

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah what's up with all those Bots man it seems there's so many more nowadays