Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Some days I spend more than 6 hours playing online. Sitting for so long in front of the computer is exhausting and bad for posture. What measures do you take to avoid feeling uncomfortable or experiencing pain after playing for so many hours?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I guess the magnesium pills preventing me from too much pain. Although, it is not the reason I am taking them regularly :LOL:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some days I spend more than 6 hours playing online. Sitting for so long in front of the computer is exhausting and bad for posture. What measures do you take to avoid feeling uncomfortable or experiencing pain after playing for so many hours?
I rarely play more than 5 hours. Nevertheless, every break I do a warm-up, it's already a habit for me. Also, sometimes I play just lying on the couch, but only when I'm playing at the same table. In addition, I spend my time quite actively, I walk a lot, so spending a long time at the computer does not cause me any particular inconvenience.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Guess that's why playing in mobile device(s) is so much better cause rather than sitting in one place for hours you can easily move around at home while playing poker ..

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having some slipped discs, I have to put some orthopedic pillows. Exercise and magnesium help too.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Buy a gamer chair. Improves posture, they say they are very comfortable

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hey there,

having a medical background I can tell that there is no good way to sit.
Therefore what you all should do is generate alternation as often as possible in the way you sit. There are chairs that allow a lot of movement while sitting.
In addition to that you should stand up and take a walk as often as possible. Even if it is just for a few seconds.

Greetings and have a nice sit

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decided this problem easy! I merely have moved my couch near to computer and monitor... And therefore now I can play
in my favorite Poker at the different postures: sitting, lying, and semi lying or semi sitting, and etc!.. That's it!

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really feel uncomfortable with the gaming session too. I usually take breaks and move my body to take a breath.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A comfortable armchair helps me to avoid back and neck pain, in addition, during each break I get up and walk around the apartment.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Herman Miller Aeron Chair is the best I have for the back:

It's like sitting on air.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is very important to have a good chair and to stretch a bit once in awhile. Also I think it is a good idea to late register and avoid the long tourneys because you do only get one back

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On-line in most Tournaments you get a 5 minute break every hour, I use that 5 minutes to get up walk around and make myself a Coffee or Cup of Tea, or even Point Percy at the Porcelain (bathroom Break) It certainly helps me to be more comfortable.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually play standing up. I'm a bit of an oddball, but I find it very comfortable. If not, I'd have to invest in a good chair.
So, unless you're very tired, I recommend giving it a try. it's a one way journey, trust me.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I sit at the computer for 3 to 4 hours a day and then switch to the phone.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes my back hurts too. The only thing that always helps me in such cases is a horizontal position. My sofa is next to the table, so I can actually always lie down :)

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey there,

having a medical background I can tell that there is no good way to sit.
Therefore what you all should do is generate alternation as often as possible in the way you sit. There are chairs that allow a lot of movement while sitting.
In addition to that you should stand up and take a walk as often as possible. Even if it is just for a few seconds.

Greetings and have a nice sit
This guy knows what he is talking about. And I happen to know a lot about this too.

A lot of back pain from sitting is due to muscle imbalances that develop depending on how you sit. Especially your butt/glutes and your abdominal muscles become insufficient and weak, your hip flexors and hamstrings become too short, and you usually get overdeveloped quads (relative to the other muscles).

Solution is to be more active, do some squats if you can, and train your lower abdominal muscles with leg raises (not horizontal crunches). Depending on how badly compromised your muscles are, you may need to also work on your upper back muscles.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try playing while stand up, this is good for any work on the desk. I use a monitor arm that can move in almost any direction.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Most poker players suffer from neck and spine pain from sitting hunched over the poker table or computer all day long. But this can be easily corrected by doing special exercises for correct posture.By playing sports, you are investing time now in exchange for a better quality life later. Learn to breathe from your belly so that it happens automatically when you play poker. The ideal way to breathe is when only your stomach moves, and little to no movement in your shoulders and chest. As a result, more oxygen enters the lungs and travels to your body and brain.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play in an arm chair with a footstool, very comfortable, I would not play hunched over a desk on a pc.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You need a proper chair and stretching once in a while.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I work at a PC all day and get problems with stiff shoulders and back so they best thing for me is to make sure I get out and mover so a brief walk can help.
Making sure you are sitting correctly helps also.
Also stretching is also good to make sure your muscles are not tense.
I have been looking at getting one of those stand up tables to see if that would help too.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes if I'm tired I can lie down and play lying down. But I usually play sitting down, because even after 12-14 hours at the computer, I don't feel pain or discomfort. I have a good chair, I take breaks 4-5 times a day, go for walks, do other things, so in general, 12 hours at the computer is not a problem for me.