Poker Streaming: To delay, or not?

FSpadex

FSpadex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Hello! im a poker streamer, i do stream on spanish and english!
The real question is, what do you prefeer? Delay or not !!?

This is my first post, and im not sure where to post it! hope is ok! have a great weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat FSpadex,

To me delay has never been an issue as a spectator. Having no delay would not increase my interest but it would probably make things more difficult to you if you don't hide your cards.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat! I have watched your stream.
If a streamer talks about their hands and I can learn from seeing their action, I prefer the delay stream.
If a streamer does not teach and it is mainly social, then the no-delay is better.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends how long delay is sometime if it 3 min long and ppl try to be interactive after a hand or comment wont hear the reply intil minues later

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always should be a delay. Otherwise what is to stop an opponent in the game from watching your live stream in real time and seeing your hole cards and/or your real time play.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
of course, you put a delay of 3 minutes and you play quietly, there will be no streamsnipers and it's convenient for you to play and the audience will understand because they know what poker is

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Always should be a delay. Otherwise what is to stop an opponent in the game from watching your live stream in real time and seeing your hole cards and/or your real time play.
As far i understand then in streams it's possible to hide your cards so technically you dont even need 30 sec/3 min delay's and so on especially should someone in streamers table watch that particular stream ...

T

tuskaaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean i dont, as a viewer mind there not being a delay but im sure your opponents who also watch your stream would agree with me there.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far i understand then in streams it's possible to hide your cards so technically you dont even need 30 sec/3 min delay's and so on especially should someone in streamers table watch that particular stream ...
Well two other good reasons for the delay:

- without a delay , others at your table can see you on stream in real time discussing the hand to your viewers, including thought process, bet considerations, talk of holdings.

- without a delay, can see which bet slider and buttons you're selecting and contemplating in real time.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think for your sake you should have a small delay, the only other option is hiding your cards and that's not interesting for the viewer...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, not having a delay would give an incredible advantage to other players at the table, who might watch the stream. So of course there need to be a delay.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I think for your sake you should have a small delay, the only other option is hiding your cards and that's not interesting for the viewer...
I have yet to see streamer who is hiding their cards for entire stream therefore ...
For example here in Estonia there is one channel who occasionally has poker grinds aswell where they mostly play spin and go´s and stuff like that.
Sometimes they have 30 sec delay while other times there is no delay whatsoever and obviously usually they do hide cards if (based on opponents username?) there is clear signs that they are playing some 50€ spin tournament (for 250/500.-) against someone from the same country lol (who therefore could easily watch the stream) ...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have yet to see streamer who is hiding their cards for entire stream therefore ...
I cant imagine anyone being interested in watching a stream, where the streamer dont show their cards and also cant even explain their thought process. Like "I am considering, if I should bet the river, but I cant tell u, what I have, so therefore I also cant tell, if its for value or a bluff" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello! im a poker streamer, i do stream on spanish and english!
The real question is, what do you prefeer? Delay or not !!?

fspadex this is my twitch!

This is my first post, and im not sure where to post it! hope is ok! have a great weekend
I think this answer is more for you... if you stream mtt's you need delay i think, or u need to block your cards image, what for me is very bad, bencb delay is almost 5 minutes, what i think is very ok