weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
my unfortunate adventure with poker online , was in 2011 , i discovered online poker through poker770 and started playing freerolls to practise everyday and i started getting better. I remember there was a chance to join the pro poker team if you take 3 pros out in a tournament something like that , i got close but never made it. the dreamer i am , i never gave up , in december there was like the biggest event with 1 million prize pool , i finished 3 freerolls in 3 days in a row first and through these satellites i got myself a spot at the main event. here comes the day of the tournament i did bring a lot of food drinks made sure i wont be missing anything and even told my family to not use the internet at all and especially not come in or bother me. the tournament starts , its my first big tournament , my heart is racing with every hand dealt , i was so scared and intimidated that i was the rookie on the tournament since i learned poker few months ago , i was playing super tight and passive , had few good hands but didnt win much with them , then comes a hand where 5 people paid the raise on the preflop and on the flop i had the highest suit and there was no flush draw , i was the happiest man on earth with that big pot already i was more than satisfied , comes my turn i was the last to bet , and there was already a min raise , i raise half my chips , 2 follows , here comes the turn still no flush draw and i have the nuts still , and suddenly it all went dark , it took me few seconds to realize the power was off , i couldnt believe it , not at this time , it cant be real , i went down running to check if i can get it back fast , no there is nothing i can do and to my surprise it only went down on our house the neighbors have light everything good , thats when i got to my knees like a crazy looking to the sky and talking to god at that time asking him , why is he so cruel , what did i do to deserve this , i know i am not much of a believer but still i am a good person , and the funny part my mom who is muslim telling me to calm down , no worries i would win another time ( she was always against gambling but that day she would say anything to calm her baby ^^ ) power got back after few minutes , i was so disgusted that i lost most of my chips , after few minutes i tilted and i went all in with A8 off suit and got kicked out of the tournament. it did crush me and all of my dreams , i never played poker online again until this year. the moral of the story : some dreams are meant to be crushed ^^

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Power and internet going in big tournament pot, stack invested really sucks happened to me before too feel your pain.:(:argh:

A

Alpha325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn that sucks I can see why you were pissed

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
well it rarely happens , hope it wont happen to any of us again ^^ good luck on the tables )

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blows are in the game... it's hard to survive these blows...
not everyone can get through this...
:bandit:

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really feels bad as you said, but somehow you need to stay positive in life.

A

Alpha325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very hard to do. Even the top professionals have a hard time keeping their wits when it happens to them

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play online poker your internet connection, power and device are your main weapons so if you play in anything different than freerolls for fun it is good idea to have backup of all components.

Regarding the power it is best to play on laptop or phone as the batteries of these devices will not allow power outages to affect you. Regarding the internet best practice is to have your phone nearby so that if your main connectivity drops you can easily switch to your mobile internet via hotspot for example.

If it is very serious tournament the best practice would be to play on your laptop using internet via hotspot from your mobile phone. This way you will not be affected by any interruptions of your local power supply or your home internet provider.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the story is touching.Too, such situations occurred during online games that the electricity will be turned off or the Internet connection will be lost.I wish you luck...

S

Shade768

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man I got tilted just reading that....