A

alexlongwell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Everyone,

So I played a little online poker before Black Friday, but I am (hopefully soon not anymore) a recreation player doing all the bad things a recreational player does. I recently got back into playing a bit due to another card game I play, Magic the Gathering! I watch a few streamers play Magic and one pulled up a poker tourney one day and was rattling off some lingo that was Greek to me and it got me interested again.

I live in a state where it is legal to gamble online but only via their approved/licensed sites. Not a big deal as I can play legal online poker! I've since followed a few streamers, started trying to gather resources (my studying habits are atrocious and honestly I am a bit lost), and probably most of all deposited at a few sites and played some poker! Between BetMGM/pokerstars/wsop I have had the most success on Pokerstars and enjoys their tourney offerings the most. One of my questions is should I be using a VPN to try and play at a site like GGpoker which I see a few of the streamers I follow playing at? Or any other site not allowing US players? Or am I better off playing on the legal PA sites?

So far I have done pretty bad at the cash games but have manged to place in a few tourneys and even taking 1 in 2. Playing mostly low stakes had a 200 dollar win and a 400 dollar win. I enjoy tournament poker but it can get frustrating and time consuming. What should I be doing to improve? I have stumbled across a few poker training courses but I am hesitant to throw money into that just yet. I am at the point where I have 200 bankroll on Pokerstars of all profit that I would like to continue to grow and not donk it into someone else pocket. Any tips/resources/studying help you can give is much appreciated! Have fun at the tables!

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe GG and other sites would ban players from playing from restricted countries even using a VPN. I would stick to the regulated sites allowed by PA Gaming Authority.

The following Cardchat's 30-day course is good to start to reviewing poker fundamentals. :

GL on your poker journey.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would be playing as much as possible at the regulated site if I had one here👍