Poker bots? Are they real.......

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They do exist, I met someone who admitted to setting them up, unethical alright.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because someone isn’t talking at the poker table doesn’t mean it’s a stick. I don’t usually talk either, I prefer to pay attention to the game.

But nonetheless, it can be smooth to encounter bots during a human game and it’s depressing like all other forms of cheating.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to believe they don't exist, but after scandal cases like Absolute Poker, I think they can exist.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-this story is not about bots but something similar-

It is hard to proove but absolutely possible. I can tell you one little story and you can decide to believe or not:
10 years ago on party poker i made several deposit but had not enough money on my card (wihtout knowing it). So party poker tried every 10days to withdraw money from my bank account but getting always rejected. The sad part, they took every time 25$ just for one bank statement. In the end i had almost -2000$ on party poker without knowing it and just for the charges.

I called party poker and after that call i played blackjack the same night and won again and again till 2300$ (starting bankroll was about 50$). So you may call me lucky but i also could say, party poker gave me green light to delete my -2000$ and make be able to play again and of course loose "real money". Iam not sure about that but its still weird for me to remember that.:confused:

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes they are real and you will notice them by the lack of any mistakes and not by not chatting.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
most fun part is when:
X site catchs numerous bots and refunds the money from the bot accounts to the affected
--
the poor guy who have losed 500-600 bucks gets a refund of 138$, for example, because that ''bot'' cashed some, donked off some (to a friend, or not a friend)
the system is not working

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would never thing a person not talking could be a bot because I don't normally chat at all in online games. I will on CC games as we all know each other but over all I never chat 99% of the time.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you think you are playing bots, it will have a negative effect on you expectations.
The bot that affects my game is the brain that keeps making minus EV decisions. When I fix the "bot brain" in my favour, the winning days occur.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They definitely exist, but serious poker rooms have many ways of detecting and banning them. They are not legal to use, and hackers skilled enough to improve them have more cost effective uses for their time, still mostly illegal.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would not surprise me especially for smaller sites. They could use house bots to make it look like there are more players on the site and allow sit and gos to proceed without a long wait.

It might be true for country specific smaller sites. I agree

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The bot problem mostly occurs in micro stakes, mostly in cash games and single table sit & go games. Large poker rooms successfully fight bots. The problem mainly occurs in small and little known poker rooms.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once had a 1800$ pot on the river, where I reraise all in for an additional 18 cents to their bet and after a full tank, they folded to a 18cent reraise...now tell me that’s not a bot. I find u see them more in cash games where the pots are in the hundreds if not thousands.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people on here saying they hope bots dont excist! Every site has said they do!, they also say they combat them, didnt say they get them all. Jusy know Bots are very real, I'm guessing more house bots than anything tho. Meaning ACR has their own bots to tip the tables in their favor.