Players that made you MAD

GreGo

GreGo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"You are controlled by the one who makes you angry." - Lao Tzu

Do you ever met players , that choose very specific style of game, which makes you angry?
What kind of "tools" they use at the poker table?
What helps you handle with it?

As for me, i met a lot of people, raising again and again, playing almost every hand, and finally, when you became angry and trying to protect your good hand, at the showdown
they always have the nuts.
:deal:

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most constructive advice I can give you is when you start losing enough money then you either go broke in a hurry or learn to control that feeling.

You should work on learning the game and understanding that you want the bad players getting lucky on you. That makes them keep coming back thinking they have a clue or the game is more luck than skill.

BUT THE TRICK IS YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY KNOW WHEN ITS LUCK OR THEY'RE GOOD AND MADE THE RIGHT PLAY ON YOU!!

And you won't know that until you know/learn the games.

You have to learn to deal with the donks that don't know starting hands so they play every stupid hand and is easy to spot and the aggressive donk that has zero clue towards hand strength that will get lucky on you here and there.

They're both easy to spot and easy to beat if you have the right temperament.

GL!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There's really only 1 player who makes me mad. He drives me nuts by the mistakes he makes all this time.

The player is me.

One thing about poker is you need to not let things or players bother you. I know it not simple but if you can just not allow other players to bother you you will have a massive advantage over the other players at the table.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get nervous when at the table the same player often starts to raise my bet, or a player who often plays a check-raise against me, I start to think the opponent is doing this specifically to annoy me, he is bluffing, or he really gets a strong hand every time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of good advice already. Loose and agressive players can be difficult to contend with, especially if they have direct position on you. But its important to not them let frustrate you. Instead you need to develop strategies to beat them. In cash games the best strategy can actually sometimes be to leave the table and try another one. In tournaments thats not an option, and if you got a "bad" seat to the left of a loose and aggressive player, who have perhaps even managed to build a big stack, often you just need to tighten up and hope, that he either lose his chips, or that one of you is moved to another table.

Its important though to note, that not all loose and aggressive players are the same. Some are actually very good players, who use aggression in a very calculated way. It might seem that way, but they are not actually "playing almost every hand" at least not over a meaningfull sample size. They might loosen up, if they are the chip leader and can exploit risk aversion from other players, but if the situation change, they move back to more normal play. These players are often referred to as LAGs, and a good LAG is someone, you basically want to try to avoid as much as possible.

Others though are actually just splashing their chips around, and these are some of the most profitable opponents, you can meet at the table. They are often called donks, agro fish or maniacs. And against these players you just need to accept, that they will increase your variance and not let them put you on tilt. Maybe you make a stand by 4-bet jamming AJ, when they 3-bet you (yet again), and then they flip over KK and knock you out of the tournament.

And this is ok. If your read was correct, you just happened to run into the absolute top of their range, and of course even the wildest player will sometimes wake up with cowboys or flop a set, or whatever it is. Thats fine, and you should just reload, if its a cashgame or buy into the next tournament. Losing to a wild player should not put you on tilt, but if it does, then take a break, however long or short it needs to be.