emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
You get distracted then you lose it's not good to do something while playing poker 🙂🙂🙂

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my personal opinion, to watch movie in during play in Poker is Bad idea... By one simple cause, because in Poker necessary a Big concentration,
if, of course, want to reach a Real Success! That's it! Therefore conclusion, I think, one: need to divide leisure and Poker!
But Everyone decides self, what fo Him is more important at this moment!

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I recently discovered that PLAYING THE GUITAR while playing a tournament worked very very well for me.
I can keep my eyes and attention on the game while still getting some form of fidgeting or distraction; and it also help me to be more patient during the long stretches where I have to fold many shitty hands in a row

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone has a different way of focusing, some prefer to do something in silence, others find noise helpful. In my case, watching movies or doing something else distracts me. I need some peace and quiet to focus on the game.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to focus on my eyes in the game, at most a song in the headphones

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'm more of a music person if I'm stuck in a long game.. really don't find myself concentrating on or even remembering what happened in the movie if I watch while playing...

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I particularly like to play poker, whether on any platform while watching a movie. Since it's generally a bit slow game, then a movie or series goes really well, so I don't even see the time going by.

Well, if you are not interested in the result of the game, then you can do it this way.:)

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to watch shows while playing poker. I dont tend to do it very often. If I am in a hand and feeling more serious at a particular moment then I just pause the show. I am a person that can multi-task quite easily though. I know that does not work for everyone though.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You could do that, but you are not going to be focus on your game, so, is up to you.

M

moriarty137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If you're at just one table, I think it's cool to watch something while playing.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I would never do that, because I wouldn't end up paying as much attention to either of them as I should.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already did that! Sometimes it helps... 😉🙄

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Due to German regulations, I am only allowed to play a maximum of 4 tables.
That's why I always watch a series or a movie on the side.

In the good old days of online poker, I always played 16 to 24 tables and therefore only concentrated on poker.

(Oops, that's not true. In reality, I had sex with my partner while watching movies and playing poker) ;)

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I mostly play like this, but it's often a distraction

Y

Youvraj365

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MU
Chips
never do that a very bad idea.
you will lose concentration on your game.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I generally prefer to watch a series in which I already recognize the characters by their voice and I don't have to see the screen to understand what's going on. But it does help me to lighten up long tournaments.

R

Rory59

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Do this often….the program or the poker or both……always suffer

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not a good ideal, you have to give your full atention to the game.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think that's far enough if you aren't playing for money. I wouldn't risk it if I was playing for money though :) I think it would be hard to focus on both at the same time.