Peeking

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing online do you peek at your folded cards once the flop goes down?
If you do you are not concentrationg on your game and only takin a passing look at your dealt cards.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't agree with you.
Sometimes I peek at my folded cards, but I'm always paying attention on my game.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it takes practice to memorize you hole cards.

I look all the time while online.

Live poker is different in that once your cards are mucked, they can't come back to be peeked at.

One way online play is good practice.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A blanket statement.

The fact is you have likely folded a weak hand not worth playing. If by chance a flop might have strengthened your folded hand, you often want to double check.

That has nothing to do with 'not' concentrating on your game.

In fact it can be the opposite and might be a positive where you decide to broaden your range for a few hands depending on table dynamics. If people are loose and betting a paired eight or a nine to showdown, you might decide to rethink folding a weak jack for instance.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do you are not concentrationg on your game and only takin a passing look at your dealt cards.

I don't look at the discarded cards. Since it doesn't give me anything. I believe that the main thing in the game is to observe the actions of your opponents.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't look at the discarded cards. Since it doesn't give me anything. I believe that the main thing in the game is to observe the actions of your opponents.

The OP is describing online poker where your cards remain in front of you until the hand is complete. The cards are not discarded, just hidden.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont bother once I fold for the most part. If I am watching the hand and trying to figure out the players hands i may look to so if I blocked something but I may look once a month if that to be honest. Once I fold I lost already so it wont matter.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do that all the time. Regret is a dangerous thing.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play at one poker table, I can see the discarded cards, I am interested in the process itself, what and when can be collected, what poker combinations

ked717su

ked717su

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have discarded the cards, why analyze something already, because you have made an action, think about the next hand

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, I never knew this was even an issue. Geez, lack of concentration is due to me looking at my folded hand. Hmmm... I don't buy it. I think lack of concentration is just that. Distractions do occur but that's just life. As soon as I start to blame a feature of the game/site for my lack of focus then I would assume that's where my concentration waivers. :albertein

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
looking at your mucked cards doesn't help at all
sometimes you make wrong decisions

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often watch discarded cards, repetitions of hands, I do it during the game, it does not interfere with me in any way and does not distract from the game, because I play one table: D.
At pokerstars, when the opponent discards cards during the game, you don't see them, but you can immediately watch a replay of this hand in which the opponent's cards are visible, this helps a lot to play and build a strategy against certain players.

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say you folded a hand that would have had hit the nuts on the flop and there is a lot of action, the pot gets bigger and bigger. What?! your not thinking about that now? I understand that you must move on and not let your decision affect your game but saying "you are not concentrating on your game" its a bit cut and dry.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take a look at my folded cards if there is an interesting hand going down where I think I may have thrown away an important card.

One thing I try to avoid is looking back at hands I missed if I have to step away from the computer for a minute. I don't want to see that my aces got folded because the dog took her sweet time peeing. :D

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually see them, when playing several tournaments you do not necessarily memorize what folded is almost impossible due to different circumstances, it really is something that I do not give importance because I do not consider it important if I see them or not, it has nothing to do with my concentration on the game. play:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes its painful when you see, that you would have flopped best with a bad hand. Thats why the action for me is closed, when I folded. But I try to analyze my opponents, not really my hand

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately, after discarding cards, I sometimes don't even look at the deal. I used to peep often and realized that it was distracting.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
sometimes i peek at my cards , but is not a regular think that i do

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not just looking at my folded cards. But thanks to the replay, I also watch big hands and the actions of opponents in pots without my participation. This information helps in the future.