Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Hi community,

I want to build a PC just to play poker, can you recommend me what kind of processor, video card and monitor I should buy, thanks for your answers. :confused:

Attachments

• HK5S7UMCRZH3JOWV32E257AEYY.jpg
    HK5S7UMCRZH3JOWV32E257AEYY.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 29
dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There are two major processor vendors on the market today, Intel and AMD. It is generally accepted that for poker the best choice is Intel, as it is faster. However, this is an eternal dispute like MARVEL or DC. AMD processors have a nuance - they heat up more strongly, so a standard cooler may not be enough. Personally, I have an Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz, worth $140. After choosing a processor, look at its Socket. You need to choose a motherboard with exactly the same parameter. Budget "mother" is enough. But when choosing, make sure that it has outputs for your monitors and that it supports the DDR III memory type.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need a strong computer to play poker, as for playing online shooters, etc. Take the middle category and equipment. I will add to the previous message that 8 gigabytes of RAM is enough for you and it is bobbed according to the parameters of the motherboard. It is better to take modern DDR4 memory. It is desirable that the hard drive be for the operating system SSD with a capacity of at least 120 GB and the second drive is a regular 1 TB. But you can take it without an SSD.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Congratulations on your good PC, I long for one like this, although I can't complain, mine is still fine.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi community,

I want to build a PC just to play poker, can you recommend me what kind of processor, video card and monitor I should buy, thanks for your answers. :confused:

I like this question, especially since I was pondering it, myself. The rig pictured above seems very nice. Personally I might use a bigger monitor, my eyesight is getting worse by the year, lol. Perhaps a nice 50" Samsung or the equivalent would suffice. I'm interested to see where this goes. May I throw in a "sub-inquiry" about lap-tops? I go on the road, sometimes, and was looking to upgrade. Thanx CC. :D

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To build a PC to play poker, it does not need many processor requirements, and if a gamer wanted, we would be talking about a processor or AMD or intel core i9 with an RTX graphics card above 2000 and a ram of approximately 32 gb, which will do that your computer flies speed, besides that you have to look for a screen and it is the fundamental part for an online poker player a very large and excellent screen.:D

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
poker clients take very little resource from your computer, so really any hardware will do. Just build what you can afford, grab a couple screens and enjoy :)