Online vs. Traditional

Cardshades

Cardshades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think the rise of online poker has fundamentally changed the dynamics of the game compared to traditional brick-and-mortar play? and which format do you find more appealing and why?

T

The_Kid456

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It kinda depends. Most of the time I'm a traditional kind of guy. It makes the game seem more legit and real and helps me take it more seriously. But it is nice being able to lounge around the house and play in my PJs

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer MTT tournaments. The best for me is when there are 8 or 9 players at the table. I don't like hyper or turbo tournaments, I prefer slow ones where the blinds increase every 10 minutes. For me, poker is primarily entertainment, and therefore I do not think about such grave things as the development of online poker, its prospects, or the peculiarities of conducting this business. For me, poker is just a hobby :)

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer online because I can play cheaply and I can play several tournaments in a short period of time, something that you can't do live online.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I like online, also like cash games and mix games a lot.
Live is so slow it's aggravating to me, time is money

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I like online poker because I can open several screens simultaneously, and I can increase my winnings.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I mostly prefer online. Mostly for the following reasons, a lot more volume(I can double table) which means there is never a dull moment or it's never too slow that it's painful. I can play from home in my PJs. And the best part of all you don't have to put up with any jackasses if you don't want too. Turn off all throwables, junk like that and disable chat/close window. Just chips, cards, table and tv or music on in the background.

The only real reason I like and play live is it's much easier then online to win. People simply suck at heading things and keeping them secret. Sometimes you get a good socially fun and enjoyable table I'd play more live if most tables were socially fun and enjoyable. Then there are somedays for I feel a little frisky for 51 so I don't mind and rather enjoy dealing with the 1-2 rude jackasses that seemingly come with every table.

Cheers!!!

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much prefer live play, I definitely play better, more focused and make less mistakes and get much better tells.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I prefer al dente. Seriously though, I love live poker because I like to interact and compete with other people. I've made a lot of friends along the way and enjoy their company at the table. :)

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I prefer al dente. Seriously though, I love live poker because I like to interact and compete with other people. I've made a lot of friends along the way and enjoy their company at the table. :)
Same as Emily! 😍

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There has been a significant change in that online poker has brought a greater number of fans, and when it comes to traditional poker, learning becomes more difficult, as you don't play traditional poker alone, like online poker, where you can play with any player in the game. world while being alone in your home.
However, progress has brought problems, such as manipulations on poker sites, and on the other hand, online poker is cheaper than live poker.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Online for me is good because where I live in my city there are few people who play poker

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I prefer online,it s more easy and due to the pandemic I started to play only in online

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker is undoubtedly more convenient, because if you are eliminated from a tournament, you don't have to travel kilometers and hours to the location of another tournament, you can simply select the new event with just two clicks and you can start.
But live poker definitely has its charm.

M

moriarty137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
online is better for you to get used to playing but in-person is a very exciting event