Online poker taxation

ztw30

ztw30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about this rumor...."Online gambling will be taxed within the next two years or so."

This poses some big questions, 1. Is this true or just a rumor? 2. Why are they saying that they are going to tax poker and also saying that they want it gone totally?

My thoughts:

1. No not just a rumor, I have done no research on the subject but it seems like something that the government would do. My stance on the subject is that sure online poker could be taxed you are making a form of income to a certain point. Now taxing every player that makes a dollar is crazy but people who make a couple hundred or thousand, taxing this could help out with the debt and such. It will greatly decrease the amount of players on the internet. Myself I dont care i won the free-roll on this website and have amassed enough "free money" to not really care.:) (Thank you by the way for starting my BR!)

2. Now this is the hard part to decifer, Im not sure at all about any of this but I would like to here any comments or anything that is known on this subject.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gambling winnings are already taxed in the US. The problem is that too many people don't report their winnings.

ztw30

ztw30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see

Thank you that helps alot!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem will be that the government gets too greedy. Note Britains recent attempt to lure online sites to Britain with the promise of legitimacy. They intended to tax it at some outrageously high rate. They got no interest from the online sites that could be interested if the terms were right.

At this point I have no reference, but this sure seems like Britains next move might be to do something similar to what the US did.