hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only online sites I trust are those that are regulated by a lawful entity and are subject to oversight by the government. Trusting the ones that are not regulated is akin to buying street food from a vendor with a paper bag.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you can trust popular poker rooms because they work for authority and protection so you can trust them to play at well-known poker rooms

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
For me, online poker is safe, I have already had many good experiences and I assure you that your money is 100% safe, at least on the pokerstars platform. My withdrawals have always arrived without problem.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
CardsChat lists the following rooms in its blacklist: Lockpoker, Ultimatebet, Oddspoker, Luck3, Cardspike, Chico, PaynoRake, CarbonPoker, UPN. 99.9% is a slightly ambitious number.

Lockpoker hasn't existed in MANY years.... neither has UltimateBet (11yrs.?). CarbonPoker is also OLD and I've never even heard of the others.
But I could name off DOZENS of other pokersites that no longer exist today but you know out of all of those sites (& I have played on over 40 different sites) only ONE of them didn't fully pay out to me (but when I continued to play on the site I KNEW it was at a point where it was questionable because the payouts were getting slower and slower for all players. Debi actually helped a bunch of us get paid but then on my final WD I got ripped off for $1,100. It wasn't that upsetting for me because I had run that poker site account up from 1x $30 deposit & had a $1,700 cash I made from a ticket I'd won through a freeroll, lol (only reason why I continued to play on the site after it had become questionable).

OF the 'current' sites I play on today (8 of them), at the tables I play on, I am VERY confident I am not getting cheated... (and by this I mean via 'other players on the site'... not by the actual site themselve's)

sewieu666

sewieu666

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
But if you are afraid of everything, then there is no point in living

M

mcbeaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Lockpoker hasn't existed in MANY years.... neither has UltimateBet (11yrs.?). CarbonPoker is also OLD and I've never even heard of the others.
But I could name off DOZENS of other pokersites that no longer exist today but you know out of all of those sites (& I have played on over 40 different sites) only ONE of them didn't fully pay out to me (but when I continued to play on the site I KNEW it was at a point where it was questionable because the payouts were getting slower and slower for all players. Debi actually helped a bunch of us get paid but then on my final WD I got ripped off for $1,100. It wasn't that upsetting for me because I had run that poker site account up from 1x $30 deposit & had a $1,700 cash I made from a ticket I'd won through a freeroll, lol (only reason why I continued to play on the site after it had become questionable).

OF the 'current' sites I play on today (8 of them), at the tables I play on, I am VERY confident I am not getting cheated... (and by this I mean via 'other players on the site'... not by the actual site themselve's)
Okay, for me it was just a few days ago that Pokerstars refunded me money because apparently other players were cheating against me among others.

But apart from that, your whole post shows that poker is not as safe as we would like it to be. And it doesn't matter if a few rooms closed or didn't pay out two, five or fifteen years ago.

The system we all live in hasn't changed. We're talking about billion-dollar industries in some cases. Insurance companies, banks, real estate, energy giants, automotive industry, sports, media, even states: Everywhere you can find black sheep who take advantage of people. Why should online poker, of all things, be the exception? Scandals are ubiquitous. When it comes to poker, I personally remember PKR and especially Full Tilt.

In the end, none of this is surprising. We know us human species gradually. Where so much money is involved, there will always be some who are willing to play dirty.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think online poker overall is safe, so long as you stick to the mainstream regulated sites. That way, there is a 'paper trail' if there's any problems.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a big difference between chinese phone Apps and PokerStars, but overall I think online is pretty safe.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most of sites are safe especially the big ones.
Did not play on small ones ever so..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, nothing is 100% safe. But that does not mean, everything is dangerous either. Flying is not 100% safe, since accidents still happen from time to time. But its safe enough, that there is no point in worrying about it. And so is online poker, at least as long as you dont put all your savings on a poker site or play in nosebleed highstakes games.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont think is safe enough. People can cheat on those platforms... and thats the truth.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some sites are doing something to get closer to this figure of 100%, other sites are not interested in this question, depending on where you play, there can not be 100% security

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Well, the platforms give you that security and I haven't had any problems:D

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I play online 20 years ago.
Since poker stars was established as the big poker site I only play there.
I haven't had any problems with any of the ones I've played.
I'm talking about 888, unibet, Poker Stars and partypoker.
I believe that in other places like GG today there should be no problems either.
Nothing is 100% secure.
As a colleague says before, whenever there is money there can be advantages.
But in general on popular sites there are no problems.
There are many sites that even give you free money to play, I think that's where you should be very careful.
And if you're afraid, buy a good dog, it's the best.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A joke. greetings friend:):):);););)

Safe Poker Sites