puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Before I start, just a warning for everyone that this particular pattern has shown up for me in poker stars and 888. I don't know about other sites. This could very well be observer bias, but I am seeing it too much that I feel it worth posting so everyone can investigate for themselves.

The "bad beat rebound" is a pattern that usually happens in two situations.
1. The player who lost the most chips with their previous hand is more likely to immediately get a strong hand next (whether it is a premium hand or something that hits a draw), or
2. The player who loses to the best possible hand with the second best hand (ex. the player who makes an ace high flush but loses to a full house) is more likely to win the next hand. This applies whether the hand was played or not (folded pre-flop).

That's the basic starting point for you to go and look for yourselves. I have seen instances where this pattern doesn't work. It's not a 100 percent reproducible pattern (there are other factors in play), but I see players shoving into it so I am not the only one aware of it.

How to apply this? Look at your hand history for the previous board's results on your table. If someone just got sucked out with a bad beat but they are still in the game, they are more likely to have a winning hand. If someone got knocked out, then whoever joins the table at their seat seems to take on this pattern. However, it has to be a legitimate bad beat (i.e. it can't be an air bluff or a bad call on a pair with weak hand).

Let's see what responses come and I will post a few more of these.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have actually thought the same thing, and when still playing at these sites would go all in often after a big loss, usually with very few chips left since i thought the previous hand was guaranteed. resulting largely in folds or wins, but just figured it to be coincidence or luck,. still not sure either way. But am confident not all sites have same issues. found ur post interesting and thought id share my experience. :stupido:

Status
Not open for further replies.