Online poker is an absolute joke

M

Morgan0993

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Does anyone else think online poker is now outrageous bad with the amount of bad beats you get. I played 10-15 years and seen the cha he is unreal. A lot more South American, and far east European countries. Worst hand wins pretty much all the time of it means your getting knocked out it’s a joke

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Does anyone else think online poker is now outrageous bad with the amount of bad beats you get. I played 10-15 years and seen the cha he is unreal. A lot more South American, and far east European countries. Worst hand wins pretty much all the time of it means your getting knocked out it’s a joke
I don't agree at all.

Not really understanding the way, or indeed why, you have added South American and Eastern Europeans into this conversation about outrageous bad beats. We have loads of members on CC from both areas you mentioned, and all are valued members of the community.

If I take your comment in its best possible light, I would have to say I'm glad that poker has grown to a point where more players from around the world are playing.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thats not true its a mith online players have

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not really understanding the way, or indeed why, you have added South American and Eastern Europeans into this conversation about outrageous bad beats.
I'd like to know the reason for that comment as well.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't agree with this approach, namely that it's a joke, poker in general is played for pleasure and for me it's a hobby and not a job and if I earn some money from the games then that's great.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my private opinion, the All our Life, and not only Poker, is absolute Joke, and also Big illusion, Mystification, and etc!..

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Sounds like it's time for a little break and to get a better online poker real life balance. While away work on your game, study and review hands. Come back refreshed in a better frame of mind and go at it again.

Also learn to accept variance and bad luck. Specially if you mainly play MTT's. The variance in MTT's can be soul crushing at times.

Cheers!!!

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Only one side already mentioned in this thread is bad, I think the high number of hands and the fact we only remember bad beats is the reason you think that.

Alket21

Alket21

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AL
Chips
Thats not true im europian player and i dont have luck i never win with AA 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
no wonder you get moved more often than you do. Because in order for you to move, you need to be exposed with a worse hand, and you are better than your opponent. And one more thing, if there were never moves in poker, then it would not be played for money

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True. I have usually bad beats with river when i go all in. In most of cases river is just cruel for me with no excuse.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hahaha it's the most ridiculously discriminatory comment I've read in a long time.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Because On-line Poker is faster than Live Poker, You will see more bad beats and suck outs from other players, it only stands to reason that if you are playing more than twice the number of hands per hour, these things are going to be twice as frequent. It also becomes a fact you can lose Twice as fast.
Treating On-line Poker as a training tool for when I play in Live Events helps me to become more patient and in Live Events I can get better reads on players, plus I have more time to think about certain situations I can find myself in.
On-line Poker always will be nothing more than a Hobby for me, a bit of Fun to enjoy whenever I want, I never take it too serious because there are things that can, and do happen, That are beyond my control, Computer glitches, Internet Failure, all manner of things. But if they do happen while I am chip leader in a Freeroll, I might feel disappointed, but I am not going to smash my monitor or blame the site for these events. I have more self control.
I did find myself playing for hours every day just to double up my bankroll, and found that I wasn't enjoying playing like I used to, so eventually I Quit playing On-line, not because I was losing, far from it, I actually trebled my Bankroll, but it became a job I had to do every day and once Poker becomes a job the Fun disappears.

When the Fun Stops, STOP! (I did)

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't think it's 100% like that. But it seems to me that it happens more and more often. Sites like GG poker for example. They have spectacular tournaments but it is the room where the strangest badbeats happen to me, so to speak.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
I don't think that online poker is jokes or bad beats almost always. I almost sure that it can be normal enough if i will use rules and ways of poker math.
Good luck everyone at the tables.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I disagree with everything you said. Make a spreadsheet and compare on a day how many badbeats you take and how many you give. But if you only play premium hands then you will never make a badbet. Learn to play the table position like we do in South America and not just the cards you have in your hand. We study the game, use software and websites to play all positions, not just cards. If in the 15 years you've been playing you haven't learned the variance, poker is not for you.

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Not again.
Even 72o got a more than 11% chance to win vs AA. So bad beats happen all the time. Deal with it.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win rate in online poker has gone down due to increase in competition. Also poker bots and real time assistance is a big challenge. But people still win and hence number of online poker players is on a rise.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why? I do not agree with this. It so happens that it may seem like a joke sometimes, but in general everything is fine

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know about you, but I'm fine. My bankroll is growing and overall I see no reason to stop playing. But probably everyone has their own idea of justice, and maybe you just need a rest.