Offending Chat

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just try to ignore the chat but i have been frustrated with bad beats and the player talking crap...:D

TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean I love to talk trash to the grinders, but come on.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You live by the sword,you die on it too.Maybe next time you want to "talk trash",,,you won't.:fight: Time to grow up,,,

I totally agree with you on this one.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to pay to chat messages, and you do not react, I wish you good luck in poker dear friend.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anonymous social media absolutely brings out the worst in people. Some people use the chat in poker as a form of social media. Perhaps it's her only outlet for pent up emotions.

I ignore chat most of the time. I also ignore social media most of the time. What is the point of participating in an online dialogue with someone that you don't actually know and that doesn't give you any other tangible benefit?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Anonymous social media absolutely brings out the worst in people. Some people use the chat in poker as a form of social media. Perhaps it's her only outlet for pent up emotions.

I ignore chat most of the time. I also ignore social media most of the time. What is the point of participating in an online dialogue with someone that you don't actually know and that doesn't give you any other tangible benefit?
The main point is that it is against CardsChat rules to behave like that during our games. The OP should name and shame them imho.

:top:

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got into it with a member here that plays on that site, who I wish to remain nameless. It got going, and then she commented on my avatar. Its the same one I have here. She started in on how I was a "child molester" that got this pic off the internet so I could, (use your imagination here), while I was playing.
I went on to tell her to knock it off. That is a picture of my son, who is autistic. Then she laid into it, making fun of him in every way she could imagine. It got bad.
I explained that I have an account for him and every month any winnings over my bankroll I will be depositing to an account for him. That he was the reason I do anything I do. She STILL went on. (Trust me, it was bad). To the point that if it was live, she would have probably had her ass stomped in the ground by any female present, if not me.

OK, yes no question from this description that this was beyond reprehensible.

But why give them any personal info in the first place? All you did was play into their hands. Either they are just a real jerk <expletive held back> and out to mess with whomever will bite back, or they think this is a reasonable way to try to tilt someone. Either way you gain nothing by engaging them in this manner.

You gave them validation by showing you were upset, which only fueled their intent.
Right or wrong that is just a function of keyboard bullying and you fell into a proverbial trap, by letting it upset you.

Your options at the time:
1) turn off chat
2) report them to the site
3) recognize they do not know you. Their opinion should mean nothing to you. And engage them on your own terms.

But stay within the chat guidelines put forth by BOL or you could be in trouble depending on how you respond.

I don't want to presume to have a clue what you are going through but just want to impress to you that someone randomly attacking you on any form of social media is not worth taking to heart.

Good luck and best to you and your family

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be good to block it everywhere, but I won’t want bad things. Good luck and quick recovery to your son, you are doing the right thing. Good luck to you my dear friend, do not worry, everything will be fine.