No HUD

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it possible to became a great poker player without HUFD, I've been playing on my phone and sometime I have great games and sometimes I had terrible results, so you think that it's enough to keep practicing and earn more experience playing or maybe you think that it's completely necessary to have a HUD to be successful at poker?

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think it's completely necessary... A HUD is more helpful for those who multi table. You can use it to look at info about your own game as well so that may prove helpful to you if you have that opportunity but "completely necessary to be successful at poker" ?, no 👎

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Is it possible to became a great poker player without HUFD, I've been playing on my phone and sometime I have great games and sometimes I had terrible results, so you think that it's enough to keep practicing and earn more experience playing or maybe you think that it's completely necessary to have a HUD to be successful at poker?
Although I recognize that in sites such as GG Poker, for example, you have a reference to which player you are facing, I believe that it is not absolutely necessary to play with Huds.
For me, this game is necessary for players who play multi-tables (12 or more tables at the same time).
In that case, the Hud does give you important information to see how the opponent plays and act accordingly, bet for value, bluff, check, fold, etc.
You must remember that every poker player's dream is to play live, and there is no Hud worth it.
That's why when I play online, I pretend that I would play live, and in a way it doesn't go so bad.
Of course, I play very few tables at a time, I don't play more than 4.
Greetings:):):)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think HUD gives an advantage to your opponents if you don't use it. Because almost all regular players use HUD in those rooms where it is allowed.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
No, it's not necessary.

But just playing on your phone is probably sub-optimal since you will have to get in a lot of volume to make money consistently and/or speed up the learning curve.

That means multi-tabling on at least one big screen.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I don't think it's completely necessary no specially at micro/low stakes. It does make it a lot easier to multi-table even if one only double tables like I do. They're also a great tool to help with studying and hand reviews well worth the cost just for that alone in my opinion. They're also a great way to keep track of how much you won or lost. To be a winning player you don't need one.

To be a great online player unless you set the bar very low for what you define great....you're gonna need a HUD. Great online players play 12-20+ tables at a time.

Not really sure why players don't wanna invest in a HUD or what they seem to have against them. Cheap amazing tool that does multi-jobs at once and only makes life easier for you. Even if I played at a site that didn't allow HUD's I'd still have one and us it offline for studying, hand reviews(cause you can download hands from the site and then upload them into the HUD) and to keep track of winnings/loses.

FWIW...I have and use a HUD have for years now....do I depend completely on the HUD? Hell no in fact I have just a few stats in my custom HUD and I play more a exploitive TAG style where I have to pay attention because I adjust to my current player pool. That's why I can only double table. I use the HUD more for studying, hand review and to keep track of winnings/loses.

Cheers!!!

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
It's possible to play without it, but you're putting yourself in disadvantage and almost everyone else is using one. It doesn't make you great poker player by default, but it helps you out a lot as most of us aren't human calculators to just follow everything and remember everything those thousands of people we meet might do.
I'd recon however that people who rely on HUDs a lot, have quite difficult time adapting to live poker tho.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUD can be helpful addition to your overall game, but I think it's impossible to replace your skill and experience with HUD.
Only training and knowledge about human psyche is the key to success for me.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's absolutely necessary in terms of you analysing your own play and identifying, correcting mistakes, analysing win rates, and etc. Without this I think it's gonna be an amateur game which is highly reliant on luck and variance. You can download any hand histories to HUD and do your work, there are free HUDs which allow people to do this.

As for the necessity of using HUDs when you're playing, well, you need to pay attention and write notes. HUD is not a panacea, one still needs to work off the tables and analyse stats and learn how to interpret them in total and how to adjust then. Otherwise, a quick look on stats can give you some quick idea of who you're playing against, but not more than when you actually pay attention to your table and your opponents.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think that HUD is essential, but it is a tool that helps a lot.

The biggest problem I see would be you playing on the phone. Playing on the phone I believe you won't be able to play more than 2 tables simultaneously, maybe just one.

By playing very few tables your evolution as a player should be slower.

The results also depend somewhat on a good number of games, so you may also face difficulties at this point playing only on the phone.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
HUDs only record information from the games you play, for them to be effective, they need thousands upon thousands of hands played so that they can work out the Probabilities of winning in certain situations, They may give you an edge over some players, but they are not guaranteed to give you the right information all of the time, because as we all know Strange things happen on the River!
I have never used one and I am still a profitable player, Some would say my Profits could have been bigger had I used one, Possibly yes! but who wants to stare at Stats and follow what the HUD tells you to do, It is taking your decision making away from you, You certainly couldn't use one in a Live game, and I feel that relying on one too much can be detrimental to your playing skills.
Some times they get it right, Some times they don't, but are we not all guilty of that!

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with HUD. On the one hand, I agree that it is a great tool for studying your own game and defining the ideal range. On the other hand, I don't think it's cool that this same tool is used to compile information from other players in such an efficient way.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro stakes and I consider myself a winning player if sharkscope means anything. I never use a hud bc it’s not worth my time considering I only play micro stakes and don’t intend to ever move up. If I was more serious, then yes hud would be very important for me to study my game

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to at least play on a computer to be a more serious player as a phone has many issues such as battery running out, Apps not updating etc. You definitely don’t need a hud as you don’t use one in real poker live, it’s much better to win through your own skill and a bit of luck than having some program influencing your decisions. It’s not as if a hud can help you anyway if your opponent has any type of variety to their game.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, I think so, I never used Hud and neither did my boyfriend who has been playing for many years and he is a winning player.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you dont want to use a HUD play on a site that doesnt allow HUDs, otherwise you put yourself at a disadvantage (especially for cash games, I think for tournaments they are not as important)

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I used HUD before and when it was banned from poker stars, at first I felt very uncomfortable in the game - as if I was blind... Gradually I learned to play without support. I have an association with crutches - if you have healthy legs and can walk, there is no need to use crutches. In poker, you need to learn to see and understand what is happening at the table and what the intentions and actions of your opponents are without additional devices.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I've never used a HUD. I think the fun of poker is in remembering the level of your opponents and their tricks, as you will continue to hone your memory and skills without additional software. In general, I do not think that the HUD is more important than mastering the game. Rather, I think that if you rely on it too much, it can be a reason for losing your skills and weakening your memory.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Without a HUD you are playing blind.🌚 You still need to build the correct stats and know what to do with them...

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in fact my first poker coach didn't even let me start using a HUD right away because misusing a HUD can be worse than not having one. Honestly, you don't need one unless you're playing lots of tables. And I'm thankful that holding off on using a HUD allowed me to hone my observation skills.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Regular players all use HUD, so you will be at a disadvantage against them even if you play well.
If the room allows its use, then use it, and of course learn to evaluate the data well.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't use a HUD and never will. I only play in higher limit MTTs on sites that prohibit them and really, I make my real money playing live. The only games I play on PS are CC sponsored games. I will admit, for the serious player it is a great way to study your online game.