Mixing Up Length of Sessions

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all and GL in any freerolls today. My question is this. When you play poker, do you play for hours and hours, or do you mix it up with other things to do during the day? As for me, I find it helps to stop, like after a long touney, or two or three hours at the cash tables, and do other things. I don't have a lot to do like many of you guys, so I just go and stay outside for awhile, watch TV, or do this right here. What about you all?

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am the same, I like to play for 4 hours then go do something else and then come back to it.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to break it up and only play a few hours at a time. And I always get up and walk around during the breaks. It makes me feel better to move around and then I can play better without getting restless. Some days I only play short sit-n-gos or cash games because I don't like to sit around so long for tournaments.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you guys. Most of the time, I get on here about 9am and about lunch or after, I start playing. But I sit out a few times during a 4 or 5 hours at the cash table. Well changed it up this morning. I washed cloths, mopped the kitchen floor, and sit outside up until just now. Taking short breaks, and even whole day long breaks is a have to for me. GL in any games you play today

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, personally I like to break up my sessions. I'll do like 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes, then I'll do something else for a little bit, then play for some more. I feel like once I play for a long time my focus and playing level decreases.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After each session lasting from 1 to 2 hours, there is a mandatory break from the computer. The stop loss depends on the game. If I see that I'm playing well, but I'm losing because of variance, I can play up to -5BI. If I see that I'm not playing well, I can stop after losing -3BI. Usually, after winning 10-15BI, the desire to play disappears, but you need to focus not on winning, but on the level of play. If the game is good and the tables are sweet, you have to continue. It's all one long session.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the replies. I'm really glad to see that everyone's reply is for taking breaks. I've been having a hard time staying up for the freerolls at 8pm my time. Like Monday I had registered for the intertops and ACR freerolls, however, about 7:30pm I was sitting here so tired I could hardly hold my eyes open, so I unregistered and went to bed. Well last evening, I stopped playing at 5pm and took me a nap, and at 8pm I was able to play the ACR freeroll and made the FT. GL you all in any game you play today.