Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ever mis click and let it lead to a nice pot? I usually try to open a pot in a cash game for the exact same amount (2.5BB), no matter my position or hand strength (except the small blind), and I don't open limp into pots (except the SB). That way, I don't give any tells about my hand strength from my bet size. I'm sitting with two strong players to my left. I'm on the button with 10/10. I go for my standard 2.5BB raise, but accidentally raise 2BB. Lots of bad players probably wouldn't have picked up on the discrepancy, but this player was pretty sharp and started playing back at me, assuming I was weak. They bluffed off a lot of money at me, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have if I had raised my standard amount.

Do you have a mis-click for profit story?

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it happens every so often. Last week while in a cc Freeroll I was also working remotely on a clients PC. And the game i was in popped up justas I clicked on what I expected to be my clients remote window, but the game over layed just in time for me to call someone's all in with 6-2 off I think they had AJ , I hit a 6 on the board and took the pot down. OOPS

Also, like most of us had the other situation happen too. Most of those don't stand out in my memory. But one in particular I hit a straight flush in a tournament, and I inadvertently hit the fold button. I just turned my PC off and went to bed LOL

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I always play differently and my opponent doesn't know when my hand is strong when my hand is weak because I can play QJ raise 9 I can raise AK I can play 910

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah it happens every so often. Last week while in a cc Freeroll I was also working remotely on a clients PC. And the game i was in popped up justas I clicked on what I expected to be my clients remote window, but the game over layed just in time for me to call someone's all in with 6-2 off I think they had AJ , I hit a 6 on the board and took the pot down. OOPS

Also, like most of us had the other situation happen too. Most of those don't stand out in my memory. But one in particular I hit a straight flush in a tournament, and I inadvertently hit the fold button. I just turned my PC off and went to bed LOL
I've accidentally folded a good hand, but never a straight flush. I don't think I could have played anymore after that either.

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always play differently and my opponent doesn't know when my hand is strong when my hand is weak because I can play QJ raise 9 I can raise AK I can play 910
Sounds like it would be fun to play against you.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play poker for 5-10 years, of course, anything can happen, both successful mis-clicking and unsuccessful ones, but I noticed when I leave the table and miss the hand, it often happens that either the monster missed the hand or some other hand with which he could collect straight or flush

K

Khayzard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be curious to know what stakes you are playing in and at what kind of tables.

I was doing exactly the same thing as you described 2.5x from anywhere and recently i started switching it up in 5NL zoom raising for 4x-6x with really strong holding and haven't noticed a difference in opponents call/raise frequency at all which led to bigger pots when holding strong cards. Should maybe give it a go

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're playing online mis click will happen. I am pretty sure if you play for a while there will be some good luck when it happens.

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Ever mis click and let it lead to a nice pot? I usually try to open a pot in a cash game for the exact same amount (2.5BB), no matter my position or hand strength (except the small blind), and I don't open limp into pots (except the SB). That way, I don't give any tells about my hand strength from my bet size. I'm sitting with two strong players to my left. I'm on the button with 10/10. I go for my standard 2.5BB raise, but accidentally raise 2BB. Lots of bad players probably wouldn't have picked up on the discrepancy, but this player was pretty sharp and started playing back at me, assuming I was weak. They bluffed off a lot of money at me, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have if I had raised my standard amount.

Do you have a mis-click for profit story?
  • Unfortunately, I don't have such a story, but there are plenty of miskliks that led to the departure from the tournament

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually misclicks cost us money, but of course there are exceptions. I remember a hand, where I was trying to register for another game, but a table popped up, and instead I min 3-bet with some junky hand. The opponent called, and having gotten myself into this bad spot I continued bluffing postflop, which ended up working.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I recently had a devastating misclick in the CC League, I flopped a set of 10s and in my excitement hit the fold instead of call....ugh Most likely I would've ended up in 1st place as this was the FT. instead I was soon ejected...

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Well I recently had a devastating misclick in the CC League, I flopped a set of 10s and in my excitement hit the fold instead of call....ugh Most likely I would've ended up in 1st place as this was the FT. instead I was soon ejected...
Ejected from league :unsure:

R

respuuu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time i misslicked all-in with 2-9, and won with 3 players that went all-in also :p