Minimum amount in the bank

lucayam

lucayam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hey guys, I've never deposited any money in any software, and I've recently just started playing again on pokerstars.
Right now I have US$1 in my acount that I got from playing freerolls.
Do you guys think it is worth it to play in those small cash games (0,01/0,02) or do you think I need more of a bankroll?
If so, what is the minimun amount in the bank to start playing in bigger tournaments?
Thanks!

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's pretty risky playing with 1$ since you can lose it all in one hand. Even if you win and double up, 2$ is the same thing. You seem like a new player and I'd recommend 80-100$ if you wanna play 0,01/0,02 cash games or some 0,55$-1$ MTT's.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it does not worth to play with $1 bankroll. I would build a bigger bankroll first (playing freerolls or depositing). I don't know what you mean by bigger tournaments, but to start I would follow the rule of having at least 100x the buy in you want to play.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deposit $30 and start to build ur bank ,

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It attempts on what you want. You wanna play for fun? So 1 buy in is enough. You want that the skill is better then the luck? Then you need at least 100 buy ins.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you’re like me and you don’t want to deposit money….I took my $1 from a free-roll win (3rd place really) and played a .25 cent spin and win…did that until I hit $15. The I moved to $1 spin and win…did that until I got to $60…then Ontario got rid of some of those option…but we have the Ontario Platinum Series happening now…so they have $3 spin and win…which I won $30+ on…so today I used $5 to play a knock out tournament…finished 20th…payout and bounties won me $53…so now sitting at $153.42…never deposited a dime! It can but done…slow and steady…and the spin and wins tests your skill as it’s a different kind of game…3 hand 500 chips…blinds at 10/20 to start and rise quickly so it moves fast…and lots of bingo players so be patient!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's pretty risky playing with 1$ since you can lose it all in one hand. Even if you win and double up, 2$ is the same thing. You seem like a new player and I'd recommend 80-100$ if you wanna play 0,01/0,02 cash games or some 0,55$-1$ MTT's.
Completely agree with this, except that I would replace 0,55$-1$ MTTs with 0,5$-1$ SnGs. There are not even any 0,55$ MTTs on PokerStars these days, and 1,1$ MTTs dont run all that often. This is the serious way to approach online poker. But if you just want to have some fun, then continue playing freerolls and burn up, whatever you win, in whatever way you want.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Keep playing freerolls. Small cash games (0.01/0.02), try it once. You will not risk anything (gain experience).

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you afford I will suggest to deposit somewhere around 100$ and play with them

lucayam

lucayam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Keep playing freerolls. Small cash games (0.01/0.02), try it once. You will not risk anything (gain experience).
I've started doing this in the past couple of days.
Now I'm up to US$5.
I took the risk and I think it's worth it.
Thanks everyone for the insights!

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good job. Remember to keep doing what works. It takes time to build your bank…but if you jump to the next level too quickly it can be gone before you know it. The experience level of the players jump along with the values…and it’s easy to spot the really tight players who are scared to risk what little they have…

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I recommend if you are going to play only tournaments it would be 100 tickets for the tournament, in PS case the lowest value tournament is 1.1 dollars. So you would need 110 dollars of bankroll. You could also try entering a tournament with a higher buy-in by participating in the satellites, but you must finish in the first 2 places.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Just play the CC freerolls and you won´t have to make any deposits (well, only when you need to withdraw some money)A lot of patience is required.The, when you reach, at least, $50 , you can give a try to those cash games.Have fun and never forget to play with a good bankroll management.Good luck in your poker sessions.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 20-30 is a good start, also in case it is your first deposit the promotions are usually very good in almost all poker rooms, unfortunately I never took advantage of the welcome bonuses because in those days I was a bad player without any knowledge

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Just play the CC freerolls and you won´t have to make any deposits (well, only when you need to withdraw some money)A lot of patience is required.The, when you reach, at least, $50 , you can give a try to those cash games.Have fun and never forget to play with a good bankroll management.Good luck in your poker sessions.
I like this advice. I personally will not even sit at cash tables without at least 20 buy ins but I prefer 100 or I stick to freerolls and Satellites.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you have a dollar, it is best to start with those games of 0.01 and as you can win, you will be able to increase the value of the tickets.

lucayam

lucayam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Thanks for the tips!
I kept playing those small cash games and two days ago got into one of those US$1,10 Progressive KO tournament. Now I'm up to US$15.
The sky is the limit! ahahhaa

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Probably would be best if you just stuck with free rolls until you increase your bank roll. After that I would focus on small buy-in MTT's. Variance can really be ugly and you could lose your $1 right away. Best to save up. In reality, bankroll pros would suggest you should only spend 1 or 2% of your bankroll on one single tournament, as variance can have you losing it all. Imagine having a bad run for 10 tournaments in a row. It definitely happens.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion and based on my own experience, the most effective thing at a distance is a spin and go of 0.25. I have raised a bankroll killed by other games several times with the help of these micro tournaments. But even here there are some nuances both in terms of playing hands and in terms of a minimum of funds, with which you can not be afraid to lose several tournaments in a row until you start winning in 3x0.25 and 5x0.25 rounds. Moreover, in such tournaments the skill of playing heads-up is acquired, which is often necessary at the final table of a regular tournament.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need as close to 200$ you can get to play solid bankroll management for those cash games.
I would recommend you to get to 30-40$ from freerolls then start playing the 1.10$ MTT's