Legality of Online Poker Winnings

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You haven't earned winnings until you withdraw money. Therefore, transactions under 10,000 would not be reported.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It very much depends on the particular country. Here in Bulgaria there are no taxes for the winnings from gambling so you do not need to declare them. Transactions below 15000 euro are not monitored so if you stay below that you should not have any problems.

JimboAAkimbo

JimboAAkimbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taxation is theft

Taxation is theft.

38168736 10156744394422975 986376240669655040 n

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were to make a big score-say in the 1Mill gurantee for 10k, do I have to report my winnings at the end of the year and can I legally keep my winnings?

So long as poker is legal where you are playing from.

I live in Pennsylvania, and it's legal here. Well ACR is - pokerstars I can not play at.

You MUST report winnings for taxes though if in the US.

But sure - if you are at a legit site - and ACR is one such legit site - and you are in a state (if in the US at least) where you are allowed to play - and you too are legit in your info, drivers license all of that if they need it - sure you can keep them.

Just remember taxes.

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here in the USA, my bank does not report any deposits under 10k so I have kept my winnings tax free for quite a few years by making cashouts of no more than $500 at a time.Bankroll stays good and so do I.

Yeah, mine doesn't either. I use Bank of America. Never had problems cashing checks under a 1000$ with them. I normally withdraw once to twice a month from my account. Never have I been taxed from my winnings.

Now, is what a lot of us are doing technically legal? No.

And yes, taxation is theft. Never will I give the feds my hard earned poker winnings.

jhosept6

jhosept6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were to make a big score-say in the 1Mill gurantee for 10k, do I have to report my winnings at the end of the year and can I legally keep my winnings?

depends on the country here in venezuela there is no regulation for poker so all that I withdraw is only profit without giving anything to the state